1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Create a Smart Actions Rule for Motorola Droid Razr HD

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Razr' started by Lyanna, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Lyanna

Lyanna New Member

Smart Actions is a great feature that will help save time by automating your everyday tasks. You can create Smart Actions to launch your music player whenever you plug in your headphones, for example.

This tutorial will teach you to create a rule for your Smart Actions.

1. From the Home screen, tap Apps.
    2. Select Smart Actions -> Get Started -> Next -> tap Custom -> tap New rule.
    3. Now set up a name for your new rule and tap Done.
    4. Tap the + sign to add Triggers.
    5. Select the trigger that you would like to use. You have plenty of options to choose from, such as: I’m at a specific location, My phone is not moving, It’s during a specific time, My battery is low, My charging status changes, My display status changes or My phone is docked. For the purpose if this tutorial, let’s say you choose “It’s during a specific time”.
    6. Select the desired timeframe – Morning, Evening, Weekend, etc.
    7. Then tap on Add a timeframe located at the bottom of the screen.
    8. In the Name field, write the desired name of your timeframe and tap Save.
    9. Select the starting time by tapping Start Time.
    10. Tap Set when done.
    11. Select your ending time by tapping End Time.
    12. Tap Set when done.
    13. Next you have to tap Days of the week.
    14. Select the desired days of the week for your timeframe and tap Save.
    15. You will then see a summary of the actions you took. Tap I’m done if everything is alright.
    16. Tap I’m done again.
    17. Tap the + next to ACTIONS.
    18. Now select the action that you would like to use during that specific timeframe. You can choose from: Send a text message, Remind me, Play music, Adjust my ringer volume, Set my ringtone, Set my wallpaper, Announce callsand texts and more. For the purpose of this tutorial, we’ll go with Adjust my ringer volume, which is very useful if you know you’re going to be in a meeting, at work or school during that timeframe and you don't want your phone to start ringing loudly.
    19. Select the desired volume of your ringer and tap I’m done.
    20. Tap SAVE when finished.

Congratulations, you’ve just learned how to create a rule for your Smart Actions! If you created a cool and useful Smart Action, feel free to share it with us.

› See More: Create a Smart Actions Rule for Motorola Droid Razr HD
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?