1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Ringtones LG AX8575

Discussion in 'LG Chocolate' started by freedomsoldier, May 22, 2010.

1. freedomsoldier

freedomsoldier New Member

So, I've read all the stuff about putting ringtones on these forums. I've followed all the steps clearly. I tried using BitPim, and it doesn't detect any phone at all. I've tried setting it on different phones, nothing. I've set the port to LGE USB Mobile Modem, still nothing. I run Windows 7, and hooked my phone up to it by a USB cable. I can transfer pictures and videos and all that good stuff. But I want my custom ringtone, it's perfectly made and would work great if it would play on the phone, which it doesn't, because of that DRM crap. Can someone please help me, I'm getting so frustrated, I've literally tried just about everything, on many different forums and sites. I just bought the LG AX8575 from Alltel about one week ago. I'm not about to pay money for their crap ringtones. Please help, someone. Thank you!

› See More: Custom Ringtones LG AX8575
  2. freedomsoldier

I have BitPim beta 1.0.7., I have the LG drivers, I've set the phone to every LG phone on the list. I have the green dot that says ready. I have set the com port to COM4: LGE USB Modem. I have tried both music sync, and data sync, and just left the phone on the main screen. Only on the main screen does the COM4:LGE USB Modem come up as available, otherwise they show up as inoperable with music and data sync. I have a custom ringtone I want to put on the LG AX8575 Touch from Alltel. I cut the ringtone and edited, and it is roughly 38 sec. long. I get no information from my phone to my computer. It says it is unable to open COM4 port.

I have even tried data sync without using BitPim and just using Windows Explorer and even manually adding the edited custom ringtone. It shows up on my phone as Multimedia>Audios>My Ringtones. It plays perfectly, but I cannot set as ringtone. I can erase, rename, move, etc, but no set as ringtone. I've tried renaming the ringtone multiple times to see if that would work. Nothing. I set the ringtone to [filename].qcp. It plays but horrible quality and it stops prematurely, and no set as ringtone.

I am literally at my wits end, and I am receiving no help from anyone. Please can someone help me. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

3. freedomsoldier

Alright, so I figured this out on my own thanks to none of your help. Freakin' over 500 views on this and not one reply from any of you. But you know what? I got my custom ringtones on my phone now. I will not be sharing with any of you how to do it, because none of you helped me.

4. VillainousWolf

VillainousWolf New Member

Hey, I got the same phone and problem you had. Can you help a guy out?

5. roswell4us

roswell4us New Member

Good 4 U - Gives me hope. :)
    I'm at my wits end over this and have decided never to buy another LG cell because of this problem.
    I spoke with alltel several times over the whole DRM issue. The last time they told me it is LG and not tjem that blocks ringers from installing from 3rd party sites or me. They claimed bad files and viruses ruin the phones then they have to replace them.
    That's Crap! Hey how about putting virus protection into the phones instead of blocking the use of the phone I paid for??????
    I tried to email LG at the site and tell them just that but after selecting my carrier the phone drop-down wouldn't work and it is a required field.

If you change your mind about your trick let us know. Maybe nobody responded because they didn't know how to solve the problem.

Regards, Carole

6. roxy57350

roxy57350 New Member

thats because none of us know how to do it or we would have helped

7. unkdunk

unkdunk New Member

I don't claim to know much about these, just got mine. However, this is how I did it.
    1. Go to Cell Phone Support - Mobile Phone Customer Service & Cell Phone Information - LG Electronics US
    Select your phone and carrier, then on the right there is an option to update. After a lengthy process, it will install several different usb drivers.
    2. Set your phone as modem.
    3. Open Bitpim, autodetect should show "other cdma", go to settings and change this to the "Chocolate 3" phone.
    4. Go to brew/mod/10889/ringtones, add the mp3 here. NOT in the Default directory.
    5. Power off the phone and then power back on. The ringtone should now be there.
    Enjoy!

1 person likes this.
  8. cullen

cullen New Member

[langtitle=zh-CN]Re: Custom Ringtones LG AX8575[/langtitle]

[lang=zh-CN]i use this phone too,i like it .:)[/lang]

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?