1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Dare memory questions

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by Chaosbringer, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer New Member

Hello, new here.

First of all I'd like to say thanks to this site and all those who posted tutorials on how to get free apps/etc. I got started right away and it works beautifully.

Onto my questions- When I put files into my 10889/ringtones folder via bitpim, does it save the file onto my sd card or onto the phones memory?

Is there a way to change what it saves to?

And finally, not memory related, but is it possible to add pics and music to the phone using bitpim or should i stick with the software that came with the phone? (I tried addin a pic but got some error)

› See More: Dare memory questions
  2. Mark_Venture

Mark_Venture New Member

When putting ring tones into /brew/mod/10889/ringtones that is the phone's memory...

In fact anything not under (MMC) or (MMC1) is the phones memory/file system.

You can you drag/dorp pictures into the file system of the Dare using Bitpim. /brew/mod/10888, or copy from there back to the PC.

Music, I would stick with the "Sync with Windows Media Player" (aka MTP mode) as its faster.

Bitpim uses "modem" mode, so its slower to transfer big files. Its not too bad with smaller ones... but try copying a 3 meg file, it will take forever.

3. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer New Member

cool, i didnt know you can sync with windows media player tho

and is it possible to like save the ringtone to my music section and just make like a shortcut or something that allows it to be used as a ringtone, so that it can be saved onto my memory card as opposed to the phone itself?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  4. Mark_Venture

Mark_Venture New Member

No.

Ring tones must be in /brew/mod/10889/ringtones. Music goes in a completey different folder.

Ringtones must exist in memory.

5. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer New Member

lame... oh well guess ill just have to keep one or two ringtones to save memory : /

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?