1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Dare vs. iPhone

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by y0itsj0hn, Jul 18, 2008.

1. y0itsj0hn

y0itsj0hn New Member

Alright let's really brake down the LG Dare vs. Apple iPhone.

Here's what I've gathered:

LG Dare:
    Pros: much better camera, removable battery (huge plus..), INSURABLE through verizon, easier-to-use keyboard (opinion only..)
    Cons: not yet sure how to get iTunes to recognize it, mediocre music player, 1 gig internal with a max of 8 gig memory card (extra $80)

Apple iPhone:
    Pros: built in iPod, available in 8 or 16 gig internal, runs Mac OSX, uses Safari web browser, countless number of available apps
    Cons: sub-par camera, can only be insured through AppleCare (over-priced and VERY limited coverage), you need a special adapter for the headphone jack, 2-year contract required, lots of reported bugs

[for those who already own the iPhone and are interested, you can cover your iPhone under your homeowners/renters insurance, depending on which company you go through, by adding a roundabout $50 a year rider insuring specifically your phone. If you, like me, don't have homeowners/renters insurance, the only real way to insure it is to acquire insurance and add your iPhone to your coverage. In my situation, it would be $250 to cover my apartment, plus $50 for the phone.. aka not worth it.]

Post up all the info you have!!

› See More: Dare vs. iPhone
  2. ringtonepops

ringtonepops New Member

Video good on Dare?

3. trlyka

trlyka New Member

I don't understand all this Dare vs. iphone debate. Isn't the carrier what matters? If you can't get the iphone through Verizon, then why bother comparing? Unless you are only following the phones and don't care about carrier/coverage, then I guess I can see all the comparisons, but other then that....

Unless you can get the iphone and use it on a Verizon or other network? Are they sold unlocked?

Bottom line is, why compare if your carrier doesn't supply the phone :confused2

4. dognoxious

dognoxious New Member

Alot of my friends who have iphones use mac computers. I do too. The iphone does well with macs, outlook, itunes and all that. I could be wrong but I don't think the Dare does. I got it anyway because after handling my friends' iphones, the Dare suits me better. If my main purpose in having a cell phone was to be connected with my computer and work I'd probably have gotten the iphone-I don't mean to be whiney but no one else seems to care about mac users. But I love my dare and my laptop keeps me connected enough when I'm on the go. And since I haven't used my ical on my computer I guess it's no big deal to me that it doesn't sync perfectly (as far as I've heard) with the Dare. But for mac users who love their calendar and all that, the iphone might be a better choice . . . for now.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  5. osa718nyc

osa718nyc New Member

dare does definitely have one of the best cameras on a phone, hands down... the high fps video mode is awesome too, one of a kind i think

6. dognoxious

dognoxious New Member

I agree about the camera and it's one of the reasons I chose the Dare. But I do have one problem about it . . . holding down the shutter button long enough for the auto focus to work but not so long that it goes into video mode. Maybe someone can help me figure the difference but I wish they had designed a different way to switch from camera to video . . . like press the button twice in rapid succession or something.

7. osa718nyc

osa718nyc New Member

you're holding down the shutter button too far. technically, to actually auto-focus you're only required to depress the shutter button half-way (it'll require a gentle touch). once you get the green signal on the screen then depress it completely to take the shot. this is actually a rule of thumb with most camera's.

8. claudia23485

claudia23485 New Member

Def Iphone
    My friend has it and i love it. I had the dare and i hated it

9. claudia23485

claudia23485 New Member

And yes the camera was amazing i admit

10. illegalchino

illegalchino New Member

which 1 is more durable?

11. poomonster

poomonster New Member

iTunes is awful--don't use it! I agree about the Dare's music player.. it's terrible. I was hoping for better..

Also, I'd rather have removable, external memory than non-removable, internal memory. Especially when a 2GB card is $15.

These are pros? :laugh: Silly Apple fans.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?