1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Deleting files from vx6000

Discussion in 'LG' started by Ben420, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Ben420

Ben420 New Member

I just got my vx6000 working with BitPim. I started out by using it to delete some old graphic images. The files were deleted but their names stayed on the phone. When I try to view them they are blank. And deleting them using the phones menu doesn't work. Where are these file names stored in the phone? Does BitPIm have a search feature that I didn't notice? Any help would be appreciated.

› See More: Deleting files from vx6000
  2. Ben420

Ben420 New Member

nevermind

I figured it out myself, just did a hexdump on every file until I found the names of the files. THen used winhex to zero it out.
    Thanx anyway..

3. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

Hi Ben,
    How did you do the hex dump? Will it work on sound / ringtones also?
    Thanks,
    Pete

4. Ben420

Ben420 New Member

just right click on the file in bitpim, and save it to your desktop. Use winhex to edit it. It should work for any file. though i don't know why you would want to edit a ringtone or sound file like that.

5. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

I was hopeing I could get the ringtones off of my phone. They don't work and when I try to delete them nothing happens. I'm getting desperate to rid myself of these files and replace them with ones that do work.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?