1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Disable EV-DO on Voyager

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by jdeg, Feb 28, 2008.

1. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

You may want to do this to save battery life if you do not use mobile internet or v-cast.
    • On the QWERTY keyboard type ##PROGRAM10000
    • press Send
    • Enter 000000
    • Network Select > Mode Preference > 1X Only

› See More: Disable EV-DO on Voyager
  2. ydkjman

ydkjman New Member

tavenger5 Have you done this on your phone and had any problems from doing it ? Is it something that you can turn back on if need be and not mess any thing up from turning it on and off ?

3. ydkjman

ydkjman New Member

Come to find out the problem I was having wasn't related to me turning this off and back on.

4. Mark_Venture

Mark_Venture New Member

You can change this setting at any time.

Disabling EVDO, or forcing your phone into 1xRTT mode, can help with battery life if your phone constantly switches between 1x and EVDO because you are on the "edge of coverage" BUT when EVDO is disabled you can't use vCast, and your Get-it-Now, MMS Messaging, WAP, and other data services will be slower.

5. ydkjman

ydkjman New Member

Thanks for you help

6. Zenn_Darkfire

Zenn_Darkfire New Member

If i Have the Song ID will this prevent it from working?

7. i910crazy

i910crazy New Member

This is exactly right. So for the average user, there is no benefit to forcing the phone to use 1xRTT only. You are just forcing your phone to use the slower 2G 1xRTT connection instead of connecting to the faster 3G EVDO connection. A few products that require 3G won't work and the rest take much longer to download the data they need to function. The amount of data that is transmitted will be exactly the same and will bill the same. So you'll pay the same price for much slower speed.

Most people will not find they are in a fringe "edge of coverage" area where this change will help battery life. And for some users, there are other issues that can cause reduced battery performance that need to be resolved by proper troubleshooting.

I researched VCast Song ID on Verizon's website, and it is listed in the group of VCast Music products that work with EVDO only. So my expectation is that it will not work on 1xRTT for the same reason that VCast Music downloads will not work on 1xRTT.

8. thealliance43

thealliance43 New Member

Re: Disable EV-DO on LG Voyager

i'm new at this...i opened my phone typed the keys in hit send and it just brought me to version wireless saying can't complete the phone call

9. i910crazy

i910crazy New Member

The programming codes have changed for newer firmware versions of the LG Voyager.

10. Slaerok

Slaerok New Member

)))))))))))))

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?