1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Do I Really Need A Smartphone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FirstTimeHTC, Feb 3, 2014.

1. FirstTimeHTC

FirstTimeHTC New Member

I had this debate with myself last year when it was time to upgrade. I told myself that it couldn't hurt to get one. That, coupled with the fact that there was only 1 phone available that wasn't a smartphone and it was the one I already had led me to the decision to get the smartphone. Now I am back to the question of if I really need it. Other than games and social media, I very rarely use it for anything other than texting and calling, so now I am considering going back to a more basic phone. I hate when I flip flop! Anyone else run into this?

› See More: Do I Really Need A Smartphone
  2. GetAway

GetAway New Member

I have the same thought running through my head a lot of days. My husband told me to try to not use it for anything other than to call and text for a week and that would help me decide. I did just fine, so next time I think I will be going back to a more basic phone.

3. Narito

Narito New Member

I have always needed a smartphone since I need to respond to email messages all the time. Besides, I like the features of a smartphone including games and direct access to Facebook through an icon on the home screen.

4. FirstTimeHTC

FirstTimeHTC New Member

I do like the ease of access my smartphone gives me, but I have a tablet and laptop that are just as easy to use. The only advantage the smartphone gives me is that I can check on the go. I also don't like the dependency some people seem to have to their smartphones.

5. FreeDA

FreeDA New Member

I have a smart phone, and I need it to work. I used to not think that the phone can be as helpful

6. Caesar

Caesar New Member

I think so because it is more convenience for us especially on E payment

7. FELLEA

FELLEA New Member

Of course we need communication.
    Of

8. shloime rosenblum

shloime rosenblum New Member

yes a smart phone can be useful for bussiness but after bussiness hours it can ruin your life you canot rest yourself from work and you must allways be connected to the bussiness and with a basic phone you can be more with your family and if it is important to reach you, you could be reached by a phone call or text

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?