1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Droid Incredible Ringer / Volume Lock (how to)

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by jjbee, May 4, 2010.

1. jjbee

jjbee New Member

What is the best application to lock the ringer / volume toggle. I prefer 'vibrate', and every time I grab the phone from my pocket, I seem to bump the toggle and change the setting. I am surprised nobody has mentioned this engineering glitch in the reviews. It drives me crazy!!

Thanks for your help.

› See More: Droid Incredible Ringer / Volume Lock (how to)
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

If you lock the phone before you put it in your pocket (top left button) this will also lock the volume buttons.

If you want, you can also go into Sound & Display and set the screen timeout to something lower like 30 seconds. The default is one min. This way the screen will lock on its own before you get a chance to accidentally change anything while it's in your pocket.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  3. henro

henro New Member

Good to know.

4. Ashinder

Ashinder New Member

I have the same question, but I tend to change the volume while sending a text or something even when the phone isn't locked.

Is there a way to lock the phone to vibrate for everything and only allow the alarm to use the speaker? This would help me out because I sometimes forget to take my phone off vibrate when I go to sleep.

5. wjmiles60

wjmiles60 New Member

I have the same problem. That i would have to say are the only problems i have with the incredible.

6. commodore73

commodore73 New Member

Same here, the volume is right where my thumb goes so when I press power with another finger, I accidentally turn the ringer volume off. It really needs a ringer volume lock built into the operating system or hardware. I filed a case with HTC (which, BTW, also has great customer service).

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  7. commodore73

commodore73 New Member

Actually, it's only my thumb when I hold the phone in my left hand, which is less frequent. When I hold it in my right hand, the problem is apparently with my index finger or my middle finger.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  8. camstuf

camstuf /\/\s.Super/\/\odette

I use the lock screen app - one touch on home screen to turn off.
    And for audio control, I use audioguru - settings to allow volume changes at the time of day you set.
    Search android market

9. commodore73

commodore73 New Member

There is also a droidware called VolumeLock that might fit the bill, but I don't like downloading unknowns - they can't possibly increase system stability, and could do things I don't like (I hate it when they prompt for access to GPS info, contacts, etc. without telling me what exactly they do/can do) . It's a common enough issue that it should be part of the phone.

1 person likes this.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?