1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Droid Razr Battery Life

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Razr' started by sanna, Jun 4, 2012.

1. sanna

sanna New Member

Hi! I'm new here, looking to upgrade to my first smartphone and I'm looking at either the Razr or Razr Maxx. My understanding is that the only difference is the battery life. I don't text an awful lot, most likely won't watch videos on my phone, will probably use the internet and apps the most along with the GPS and obviously talk time, which I don't use a huge amount of. Just wondering if the Maxx is worth the extra $100 for the extended battery life. I just came from Verizon where they were trying to talk me into the Maxx for this reason, but I'm having difficulty justifying spending $200 on a phone when I haven't spent that much on one before. No doubt it's a good phone, but any thoughts regarding the battery life from those that have used it? Thanks.

› See More: Droid Razr Battery Life
  2. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

Re: Razr Battery Life

From what I've read, they're mostly the same, except for the battery life (and size and weight, resulting from the different batteries). If battery life isn't very important to you, or if you have access to a charger, I wouldn't recommend paying extra for the Droid RAZR MAXX. If you're going to be away from the charger often, or if you're an extremely heavy user, then it might be worth paying for the Droid RAZR MAXX.

3. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

Yeah, I think that's too much. I'd rather keep a charger with me. In many cars you can now charge via the USB port in the car, so that makes it easier.

4. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

The Droid RAZR MAXX has a 3300 mAh battery.

5. gosocmed

gosocmed New Member

getting an extra battery for back-up is helpful sometimes, but how is it so expensive for a battery with $100?

6. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

I think it is overpriced, but maybe it costs a lot to manufacturer a powerful battery and keep the phone thin.

7. BlackJean

BlackJean New Member

Hi all,

You all can extend the battery life for few more hours by doing simple tips. I also had the same issue with my RAZR MAXX and found a great post at Motoask and thought to share with you all. These tips are valid for many other smartphones.

Jean

8. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

I don't mind, but some people might want the phone to stay thin, and it's possible that the cost goes up because of that.

9. Konfused1

Konfused1 New Member

My wife just got the Maxx HD and the extended battery claims are for real!!! Just remember that the new smartphones and apps take quite a larger bite out of power and mobile data!

10. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

The display seems to take a lot of power also. It usually looks best on full brightness, but it will drain the battery quickly. I'd like to have the Droid RAZR Maxx HD, that way I can use it to its full potential without needing to worry about the battery draining too quickly.

Please tell your wife I said I hope she enjoys her new phone.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?