1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Droid X Connect to Mac

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by jdeg, Jul 23, 2010.

1. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

I've read that some users are having trouble connecting the phone to their Mac computer vis USB cable. Here's how to get your mac to recognize your Droid X:

• Lock your Droid X by pressing the top lock button
    • Plug the Droid X into your Mac via USB
    • Unlock the Droid X it using the on-screen slider
    • The phone should beep - if it does not try locking and unlocking again
    • Your Mac will install drivers if necessary
    • Slide down the notification menu and select USB connection
    • Select USB Mass Storage
    • You should now be able to load files to the SD card directly from your Mac

› See More: Droid X Connect to Mac
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. old in Texas

old in Texas New Member

I tried this several times - no drivers loaded that I could see and there was no USB choice on my notification screen - could I just have gotten a bad phone? Is there a place online I could go and get the drivers? I searched the Apple website but got no hits. I'd HATE to have to return this phone now that I'm finally used to it!
  3. ceemax579

ceemax579 New Member

Awesome....I was also having problems connecting to my Mac with my Droid X. Thanks for the tip...it worked......
    1 person likes this.
  4. ES from P-town

ES from P-town New Member

Finally got my iMac G5 connected, and was able to download some pictures I'd taken with the Droid X to my Mac, but what I really want to do is download my Contacts on my Droid X to my Mac. In what folder on the Droid X ["No Name" in Finder] would I find the Contacts, and to what folder on the Mac would I download them (or, with the information in which folder in the Mac would I sync them)?

Thank you.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?