1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Dropped ENV3 in water and...

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by DuelDragon, Mar 6, 2010.

1. DuelDragon

DuelDragon New Member

So I dropped my LG ENV3 in water. So I immediately took the battery out, dried it, used the blow dryer on it, waited a while, put the battery back in, and it worked fine. The only problem was that the inside keypad dosn't work. Only a few select letter keys(Z, C, N, and the PWR/End key) The outside keypad works perfectly. Is there anything I can do to try to fix it?

› See More: Dropped ENV3 in water and...
  2. bw1191

bw1191 New Member

I have the exact same problem. The exact same keys work: c, n, z, and end. Was there ever a solution to this problem???

3. byteguy-00

byteguy-00 New Member

The blow-dryer was a bad idea. The heat melted the teeny-tiny connections that are sort-of glued together.

There's no way to "fix" it without taking the phone apart and doing some electrical engineering.

Next time, take the battery out, towel dry, then bury the phone in silica-gel or rice for a couple of days and pray.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?