1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Dropped in Diet pepsi

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by Mandiesayshi, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Mandiesayshi

Mandiesayshi New Member

My son dropped my phone into a glass of diet pepsi, i caught him in the act however wasnt able to get to him in time. i Grabbed the phone out of he glass within seconds. It stayed onfor a minute then went dead. I've taken the battery out to let it dry, wiped it down.....is my phone toast??!

any other ideas??

HELP! my phone is only 2 months old!

Mandie

› See More: Dropped in Diet pepsi
  2. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

take the battery out...blow dry the phone on the external screen and all over the keyboard, and the spot were you put the battery...and keep doing that...try to get all the moisture out of the phone

or put it into a bucket/bowl full of rice which would also take the moisture out of it by the next day

I dunno its coke you may be up s h i t' s creak. If you fix it the phone would probably be sticky...

but try it and if your lucky you will be able to fix it

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

If only he dropped it in a glass of regular pepsi it would've been fine!! CRAP!@

just kidding - time for a new phone!

4. Tony E!

Tony E! \/\/ireless/\dvisor

Ok please refrain from junk posting.....lol:laugh:

Actually the above recommendation posted by laxisok is what i usually recommend as well, as a matter of fact i just posted a link to that post on another thread: How to save a wet cellphone: in GENERAL Wireless Discussion Forums

5. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

Yep I've been able to fix many of my friends phones with the rice trick or the blow dryer trick in the past...

6. Mandiesayshi

Mandiesayshi New Member

thanx for the advice. I was also wondering, i know the battery has a wet indicator, which is now pink, Does the phone itself have a wet indicator??

there is a circle on the battery that is pink....and one on the phone that is white with little x's on it...could this be a wet indicator?

7. Tony E!

that's the one.

8. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

ye that seems like the indicator but i say it maybe still worth trying to fix it maybe you maybe lucky...

9. Mandiesayshi

Mandiesayshi New Member

Thanx for the Help! My phone is now working perfect :O) fingers crossed it stays that way :)

10. Tony E!

Good for you.

11. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

im glad...good for you...hopefully its not too sticky :)
    what method did you use rice trick or blow dryer?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  12. Mandiesayshi

Mandiesayshi New Member

Lastnight i took it apart and used my blow dryer on a cool setting, then i used the rice method! I thought it would be sticky as well, but seems to be normal....must have been my catlike reflexes....haha j/k. i put it back in rice JUST to make sure.
    I have also vowed NEVER EVER to drink my diet pepsi in a glass with my TERRIBLY three son around.

13. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

hah you were really lucky. Glad you were able to salvage the phone and not need to pay a arm and a leg for another phone if you didn't have insurance

14. Mandiesayshi

Mandiesayshi New Member

Me 2...i dont think i could have gotten another for awhile! I'm in Canada and i've never been offered insurance....its a great idea. is it something you bought seprate or from your phone company?

15. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

lmao I dont have it..I hope this doesn't happen to my phone...but ye as far as i know when you get a new phone they offer you insurance for the phone...i think its within the phone company

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?