1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Dual Post - App Permissions and F*** VERIZON

Discussion in 'FIOS TV' started by enesha, Jul 19, 2016.

1. enesha

enesha New Member

So as you can see I am pretty F*ing mad! I just spend 45 minutes trying to get into FIOS Chat support, only to be rebuffed at every occasion. Either the option wasn't there, or it was and I couldn't click on it. Then I tried their forums, and I had to have a secondary login, and when I would, it would go into some loop where it kept reloading some page. I am ridiculously F*ING PISSED at them! UGH they say Xfinity has bad just care but this place is amazingly bad! Can't even get to anyone. UGH UGH UGH

And I was PO'd to start with. I was doing things on my android and noticed the Fios app had requested a bunch of permissions. One of them was location. WTF? Why does the app need to know where I am to use the app for the service I pay for? I wanted to just ask about it, but I CAN"T GET AHOLD OF ANYONE!

*Deep Breath* So other than offers to help me find some fios employees and gouge their eyes out, would anyone know why it would legitimately need Location access? The App won't even start after I disabled it. I am not cool with apps keeping tabs on where I am so I will just not use it. It's enough to make me want to go back to another company (comcast or even the new deals with ATT) This is a big issue. UGH UGH UGH

Thanks for reading through the vitriol and helping if you have a thought :)

› See More: Dual Post - App Permissions and F*** VERIZON
    timbergloff likes this.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?