1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

E-mail Alerts on LG Envy won't stop !

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by Joyceebugs, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Joyceebugs

Joyceebugs New Member

I can't get my phone to stop beeping. Everytime I get an e-mail on one of my accounts it beeps. Doesn't do it for the others, just one of them. You'd think it would alert you to all of them. I don't want it to alert me at all and I can't figure out how to turn it off.
    I tried signing off but when I do that the phone shuts off and I lose all my settings including internal and external wallpaper I had chosen.
    Also can't turn it off anymore as I keep losing all my settings. Have to recharge it
    with it on.
    Phone has not been acting right at all.

› See More: E-mail Alerts on LG Envy won't stop !
  2. J Bennett

J Bennett New Member

Re: E-mail Alerts on LG env won't stop !

unfortunately there is no way to do this... Verizon has halfway admitted its a design flaw in their programming.. however enough people havent complained directly to verizon as of yet so its higly unlikely they will do anything quickly... in some areas they are actually blaming a text messg program named oz.. that sends a text to your phone letting you know you have an email... dont let them confuse you with that if you talk to verizon direct..it has nothing to do with that ..it is a design flaw in verizons email application and just started with a new update they did a few months ago and they just dont want to admit they screwed up... once enough people complain they will get the message and fix the programming to allow a stoppage of the email notifications..please contact verizon customer service and issue a complaint..once we get enough complaints they will address this issue.

1 person likes this.
  3. DZRhino

DZRhino New Member

Re: E-mail Alerts on LG env won't stop !

Had the same problem. Easy solution, open the Mobile email program, go to the email provider (in my case it was Yahoo), go to Options, Settings, set Alert to "Never" and save. No more beeps. You have to do it on it on each of your email accounts, it isn't a general setting for all accounts.

Hope that helps.:)

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?