1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Echo during calls

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by 29baja, Jan 25, 2009.

1. 29baja

29baja New Member

Anyone experience hearing an echo during calls? I have a new LG Dare and people have told me during a call that they hear me, but have an echo. I usually can hear them fine, but yesterday I heard my voice echo too. I took the phone back today and had a new software version installed, and it sounded fine during an in store test call, but still got the echo problem back during a call later in the day. Anyone experience this and what was the fix? THANKS!

› See More: Echo during calls
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. germ-X

germ-X New Member

my friend has experienced the same problem, probably a sound pattern malfunction.

3. aditichauhan

aditichauhan New Member

i also have experienced the same problem. i also have the same phone.
    but some time not always. when i have this problem i cut the phone and re connect it. usually second time it would not echo.
    i think it is becoz of network problem.

4. campbell228

campbell228 New Member

Yes, Like the previous poster mentioned, Echoing on a cell phone is due to a network issue, Location, (health) of the tower you are using Tower, If you are using Verizon, at least once a week try updating the tower information in your phone by *228.

5. Cody21

Cody21 Member

Really ?? This *228 thing is not automatically done for our phone? Strange.

6. Yoursource

Yoursource New Member

In order to fix this problem you must perform a factory reset wipe all data from the phone. But, b4 you do be sure to back up your phones, setting, apps, pics and etc..... You do not want to lose all your stuff.
    After the back up go to your phones (Android) settings, and look for back-up and reset . For Apple users check with them on how to restore to factory settings. When to find it hit the button and make sure that back-up my data and automatic restore is checked, then press the factory data reset button and confirm it. Your phone will begin its reset process. This will take a few minutes, once it's complete your phone will be the way it was when you've first purchased it. You can ignore the introduction and signing into your accounts. Now restore your phone with the backup you created prior to the reset. When that is complete you are all set, call someone and test it out. The echo should be gone........ ;0)

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?