1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Emailing midi files to LG VX6000?

Discussion in 'LG' started by Spaceboy88, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Spaceboy88

Spaceboy88 New Member

I just got an LG VX6000, and read somewhere that it's possible to email midi files for use as ringtones. How exactly do I do this? Do I just send a regular email to my phone with the midi attached?

Thanks.

-Tim

› See More: Emailing midi files to LG VX6000?
  2. deedube

deedube New Member

can you also do that with the LG 4400?

3. Babygyrl385

Babygyrl385 New Member

midi files for use as ringtones

Yeah you can do that with the VX6000 but you have to send it as a picture message. send it to [your mumber]@vzwpix.com

4. cuteguy

cuteguy New Member

it does not work for the 4400 you need a data cable to get ring tones

5. DaGixxerKid

DaGixxerKid New Member

MIdis on VX6000

Ok. So i tried this method to @vzwpix.com. I receive the message but when i try to save sound it tells me that there is no sound. I tried .mid, .midi, .mp3 files. what am i doing wrong?

6. DaGixxerKid

DaGixxerKid New Member

Also I noticed that the original screens are animated. I tried sending myself an animated gif but it wasnt animated when i got it on the phone.

7. Turbodiesel5

Turbodiesel5 New Member

I have that same question running through my mind... I was thinking it might be a animated gif but you already tried it... :-\ not much left to try except maybe an mpeg movie or something, which i highly doubt would work, but i'll give it a shot...

8. cuteguy

cuteguy New Member

sending midi's lg 6000

what happens is when you send yor midi through Aol or some others as well it say's attachment dropped try sending through
    outlook that works fine for me:cool:

9. kda

kda New Member

It works fine through yahoo mail. Make sure you put something in the subject line.

10. baconflakes

baconflakes New Member

Outlook Express also works. I know someone said it works through the Verizon site but it never worked for me.

11. iceberg802

iceberg802 New Member

yeah i have comcast and it doesnt work through web based email from them, but it does work through outlook and yahoo...had me goin crazy!

12. arcticfoxx21

arcticfoxx21 New Member

i also have vx600. does any one know how to cut a midi so it meets the 30k req?

13. arcticfoxx21

arcticfoxx21 New Member

does any one know where i can find spongebob ringtone?

14. Piebald

Piebald New Member

I found the easiest way to send a midi file to the phone is to send an email from the phone to my yahoo account.

Then just respond to my email and attach the midi file. Basically your number @vzwpix.com

PieB

15. Eddie830

Eddie830 New Member

yeah i was able to send the midi by attaching a reply using hotmail as well

16. smerf3713

smerf3713 New Member

i have sponge bob whats your email???? it wont let me attach

17. CJLevinsk22

CJLevinsk22 New Member

!

To answer that one question about the GIF files...the problem is that every picture file sent to the phone is automatically converted to JPG. If you send a GIF file, the first screen of the file will be converted to a JPG. The phone's built in animated screens are, I believe, .BIT files. I'm not too familiar with this type of extension, but I believe thats what the phone uses. Hope this helps!

-Chris

18. kld359

kld359 New Member

i just found out about the midi files and am unsure on what it is and how to use it. i have a lg vx6000 and want to know how and where to download midi files, then how do i get them on my phone?

19. CJLevinsk22

CJLevinsk22 New Member

kld359...

This website (MIDIBuddy) is an excellent place to start finding MIDI's. You'll probably want to trim them down to 30-40 seconds and for that you'll need a program called PSM Player. Available at:

http://www.samsunghandphones.com/midi%20to%20mmf.htm

Once you have the desired MIDI file, simply attach it to an email. Address the email to yournumber@vzwpix.com and remember to include the area code (ex: 5554443333@vzwpix.com) If the PIX message comes through, just save the sound from the options menu. If you get a message saying you've recieved a PIX message, call up Verizon and tell them to activate picture messaging. Just know that without a plan, messages will cost you about .25 cents a message. Good luck!

-Chris

20. evil247

evil247 New Member

you can also send more than one midi at a time in the email and then save them all on your phone individually really saves time

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?