1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Emailing midi files to LG VX6000?

Discussion in 'LG' started by Spaceboy88, Jul 28, 2003.

1. sissypecker

sissypecker New Member

First, register your phone number on the site vtext.com to get an email address for your phone of the form <your number>@vzwpix.com.
    Then, you can send midi and image files to your VX6000 as attachments...I have observed that Outlook Express and yahoo mail works best... You should also be careful that the file size is less than 30 kb if you want to save it on your phone.

› See More: Emailing midi files to LG VX6000?
  2. bxtzd3

bxtzd3 New Member

i tied to do this 10 times. through outlook,yahoo and verizon. what kind of file do you need. mmf, midi, cmx. i tried the free download to convert it and still get dropped attachment or failed to play. i did the speaker phone right. what am i doing wrong.
  3. superozz87

superozz87 New Member

what file type

does this work w/ both mmf's and midi's? also how much do u get charged for sending email?
  4. uskhan21

uskhan21 New Member

mp3??

is there any way to compress mp3s to use as ringtones??
  5. RyteSyde

RyteSyde New Member

there are several apps that will make poly midi's from mp3's - google is your friend
  6. iewing

iewing New Member

7. drew1977

drew1977 New Member

I find the easiest way to send files is through vzwpix.com. I send files to my girlfriends vx6000 all the time like that. Just create an account, and go to create in the menu. Click on from computer and choose audio. Browse for your file and hit add. Then hit send and you are on your way.
  8. diz

diz New Member

bxtzd3: I had the 6000 and have never had problems sending midi files through my yahoo.... did you make sure you put a subject? umm, i've also heard on a different forum that the file can't be too big. but i'm not sure on what the size limit is.
  9. drew1977

drew1977 New Member

VXWPIX says the limit on a file is 1MB. But, I have also heard from another board that midi files should only be 30K...
  10. gjuarez

gjuarez New Member

VX 6000

the midi files can be up to 1mb but gotta be less than 30kb to save and to use as a ringer. i have a 55kb file saved as a message and the midi i only use it to listen to it by opening my message, i can't save it unless i cut the size of the file. are there ways to actually animate pictures?? or wallpaper?? i vae sent myself wallpapers but they have to be 650 x 650 pixels to completly cover the screen without leaving any white lines on the top. this phone is kinda complicated but youll get used to it.
  11. blade760

blade760 New Member

to ushkhan21

look under the thread labelled "help, mp3 to midi" you'll find all your answers there
  12. Cronos

Cronos New Member

I had some questions regarding audio files and VX6000 Phone.

1. If I send more than one midi at the same time, is it still a one time charge of .25 or will it still be how many I add? If it's the one time charge of .25, it would make more economic sense for me to send multiple midi files at once.

2. I noticed on some descriptions of VX6000 phones that it has a USB? Anyway for me to download camera phone pics to my computer or upload audio via a cable link of some kind rather than sending it by phone?
  13. vash221

vash221 New Member

Ringtones

I have an Lg Vx 6000 and tried emailing an mp3 to my phone using (mynumber)@vzwpix.com. The message goes through but it dosen't show up on my phone. Can anyone help me?
  14. duke

duke New Member

you cant email an mp3 to the phone, only midi's
  15. AErph

AErph New Member

you can also send QCPs, they are the qualcomm format for Voice-enabled ringers

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?