1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

[enV 1] Texting annoyance :(

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by duude12, Jul 19, 2009.

1. duude12

duude12 New Member

Hello everyone,

i still have the enV 1, and its a great phone, but i just have one small annoyance when texting using the keyboard. If i type, for example, a ")" or "(" it will add something after it. like when i type ")", it automatically puts ")'s..." and i use ) alot for smiley faces and its annoying to have to delete the 's...

thanks in advance! :)

› See More: [enV 1] Texting annoyance :(
  2. cellphonesgb

cellphonesgb New Member

That sounds like autocomplete. When using the QWERTY keyboard, make sure that the T9 is shut off.
    It should say ABC somewhere on the messaging screen, instead of T9. As for how to change it, I'm sorry, but I can't. Haven't used an env for some time.
    Maybe someone reading this knows? If so, please post in here to help out duude12

3. rlh6624

rlh6624 New Member

Re: [enV 1] Texting annoyance :(

I have the same problem except when i type "(" it corrects it to "(-444)x(-22)"... Very irritating. Also some others. When entering text on the QWERTY keyboard it says "abc" in the upper right corner, not word. And this still occurs.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?