1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

enV 9900 Internal Antenna

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by birdguy888, May 3, 2007.

1. birdguy888

birdguy888 New Member

I was wondering if anyone knows where to find the schematic diagram for the enV 9900? I need to know where the internal antenna is. I keep getting extreme static and cut-outs in my phone in a few places of my home and especially when I'm inside our local Wal-Mart so I got one of those antenna boosters that stick on the phone under the battery to boost signal strength. I know it sounds funny but all my friends have them and said it resolved their same problems. In some reviews on this model I have read that having the internal antenna in this phone cut the signal strength up to 50%! That is horrible given today's technology! For signal strength, this the the worse phone I've had; otherwise I love it. Anyway, the directions say to stick the booster under the battery directly on the phone above the internal antenna but I have no idea where that is. Thanks for any help!

› See More: enV 9900 Internal Antenna
  2. paulcman

paulcman New Member

The "antenna booster" stickers are a joke. They actually do not do a thing to improve your performance. I got suckered into buying a few and they actually made my signal worse. The enV has a very strong internal antenna and as long as you keep the PRL updated, you will always get the best possible signal strength.

3. birdguy888

birdguy888 New Member

Is the PRL update the *228 function? I've loved the LG phones for Verizon service and have always had awsome reception until I got this one! If after updating the PRL (whatever that is) I'll take it in for repairs if that doesn't fix it. I wonder why a couple of the reviews said it had a 50% drop in signal strength? LOL I guess you just never know.!!!

4. birdguy888

birdguy888 New Member

Thanks, I have done that already so I guess I'll have to take it into the Verizon shop here and have them take a look at it. I'll see if I can find the review where they said the reception was not very good for the phone and if I can find it I'll post the review.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?