1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

EnV MicroSD Card Help

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by tehsn1p3r, Dec 10, 2007.

1. tehsn1p3r

tehsn1p3r New Member

Hey all, I just bought an enV recently, and I want to use a MicroSD card with it. I have one that I bought off an import site for use with a mod card (don't worry, it's irrelevant to this), so it was not directly from a cellphone provider.

Anyway, my problem is here, when I insert the phone flips out. It restarts itself, but not fully. It keeps showing the Verizon startup sceen over and over.

The MicroSD card has no files or folders. And I ran a "CHKDSK", so the card isn't corrupted.

What can I do? Are there special drivers or something? All help is appreciated.

› See More: EnV MicroSD Card Help
  2. twitch77

twitch77 New Member

the only suggestion i have for you is to buy another microsd card. . .from a trusted maker in the cards.
    try a sandisk microsd card. my friend bought a 1gb sandisk card for his env, and everything worked out just fine with it.
    i've also had good luck with walmart branded microsd/sd cards (they should have a sticker saying that thier exclusive to walmart on the packaging). . .they're made by a company called PNY (they also make nvidia graphic cards. . .not sure what else they make). i've used a regular sd card for my digital camera for over 2 years now with no problems, and my dad got a microsd card for his phone (a razr) about 2 months ago, with no problems.
    their a really good deal as well. . .you can find a 1gb microsd card for about $20 there.

i've always been a bit skeptical on buying really cheap things on ebay, from a company i've never heard of.
    thnx.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  3. 3dgfan54

3dgfan54 New Member

Hmm that is so wierd that it would react like that.
    Hmm. I would guess that it is not compatable possibly?
    Maybe its corrupt?

I would insert it into your computer and re-format it.
    Maybe that will be the fix. Maybe try the card in another phone?
    Maybe try another card?

4. beldanjo

beldanjo New Member

You can get a San Disk 8GB Micro SD Card with a usb adapter at Radio Shack for $39.99. I bought one there, and it works very well. That's the best deal I could find on one. I've got mp3 files of every book of the Bible on it, and it takes up less than 2GB of the 8!

5. steiny

steiny New Member

my sandisk 4gb doesnt have any problems.

6. bouncyballs2

bouncyballs2 New Member

mine isnt working either

7. Jess W.

Jess W. New Member

I'm using a 2 GB San Disk product but have no luck - the phone does not recognize it as there, and just repeats "card not inserted" in every menu option I try. One guy wrote in a forum that the phone doesn't recognize anything bigger than 1GB . Anyone know if that's true?

8. xemaline

xemaline New Member

I'm using a 2GB in mine, and it's worked just fine in both my enV and enV 3.
    Maybe there's something wrong with your disc?
    Are you sure it's in the right way/all the way? Is the SD port clean?

9. rawfuls

rawfuls New Member

Have you tried going into Settings & Tools > Memory > Card Memory > Format?

I tried it one day, and it said it didn't recognize my SD card, a couple days later, it works fine, might've just been a glitch.

Try formatting it before you insert it into your computer.

10. NeoBox3

NeoBox3 Invisible LG Man

i have a 1GB SanDisk MicroSD that i got for my first camera phone. the VX8300. it has worked in the VX8300, VX9100, and VX11000

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?