1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Env Touch: Can Notepad notes be transferred to PC?

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by RM464, Aug 10, 2009.

1. RM464

RM464 New Member

Question: thinking of buying an Env3 or Env Touch.
    With qwerty keyboard inside, I thought I would use phone for occasional notes, to-do list, memo outlines, etc. But I would want to transfer the text of these notes to my Windows PC. Can the Touch (and Env3) do this?

I downloaded pdf user manual from LG site. User guide describes sync features (via bluetooth or usb cable I think) for music, pictures, video files. But not info about transferring notes. (nor info about transferring contacts).

Another option: can Notepad app save to MicroSD card, and I could use that to transfer to computer?

Also, is there a limit (number of characters) to the size of a note, or the number of notes? (other than maximum allowed in memory) ?

thanks

› See More: Env Touch: Can Notepad notes be transferred to PC?
  2. jedzim

jedzim New Member

Great questions! I would like to know the answers myself.

I can answer one of your questions. With regard to info about transferring contacts;
    I use Vista and Outlook 2007- there is a LG sync for contacts and calendars. Link below
    On the LG site( LG Outlook Software Update)

If you can email me with answers to the rest of your questions, that would be great.

I love the phone.

jedzim@hotmail.com

3. RM464

RM464 New Member

More about transferring data from Env Touch to a PC

Note: I gathered more data .. but my account status is too new to post links, so I've not included url links, or edited them to show an approximate web or file location.

1. Documentation
    LG has a PDF datasheet and PDF User Guide available for download at this link.
    If the Env Touch Document viewer can view PDFs, you could carry around the user guide on the phone (although likely can't look at the guide AND use another phone function at the same time). Link is at lge.com then search for vx11000 . url is lge.com and /us and /mobile-phone and /lg-vx11000 .jsp

2. Transferring data.
    There are several options and software.
    So it looks like there is software to transfer music, pictures, videos, contacts, calendar info, maybe text messages. But unknown if Notepad notes can be transferred.

In addition to the LG software and info, from the previous post, for syncing MS Outlook contacts and calendar:

.. There are several vendors, free and paid, of software to transfer data between the Env Touch and a computer (usually Windows PC).
    BitPim is a free product: bit Pim .org

SyncCell is commercial, $30. SyncCell .com

DataPilot is commercial, with several products, range of prices, depending on software and what cables / adapters are included. $30 and up.

Verizon sells a "Mobile Office Kit", (search Google) which I think is about $50 (maybe $25 web price from other web vendors). This is more for using the phone as a wireless modem to connect a notebook computer to the internet -- but it might also have some data transfer functions / features.

Also, the SyncCell site FAQ has a link to a Verizon "Bluetooth Functionality Chart" chart, for what data can be transferred via Bluetooth, from different phones from various manufacturers. The chart is outdated, because it only lists the LG Env2 and LG Voyager, and not the Env3 and Touch. (page 2 of the chart has the LG phones).

For link, go to SyncCell, then FAQ, then find link under question about " Why can't transfer data from Verizon phone?"
    http support. vwz .com /pdf /BT_Chart_Handsets.pdf

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?