1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

EnV Touch Email Question

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by clutch_guy, Sep 13, 2009.

1. clutch_guy

clutch_guy New Member

I am planning on buyiing my wife and EnV Touch soon but have a question about email. Is there anything else that I need to support a POP account except a data plan? Does it come with email software or is that something that I need extra from Verizon for an extra cost.

Thanks

› See More: EnV Touch Email Question
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

You would have to subscribe to verizon mobile e-mail. It is $4.99 extra a month.

3. pigpen

pigpen New Member

mobile email is included free on some plans.

edit:

i am on the nationwide connect plan, mobile email is included w/ this plan for no fee

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  4. clutch_guy

clutch_guy New Member

How many pop accounts can be setup on an EnV Touch?

5. pigpen

pigpen New Member

my wife has 2 gmail pop accounts working on her touch...i am still trying to get my gmail working, i have a hotmail account going, but gmail doesnt want to communicate right to set up for me.

6. kakashi123

kakashi123 New Member

Dear Pigpen:

I just got my enV Touch and based on my research, it does not seem to support POP email. I need to get my business email from Yahoo's business email account (I can get my personal emails from yahoo. To get business emails I need to set up POP email). Could you prove me wrong by telling me exactly how I may do that?

I went thru all options and couldn't find the setup for POP. There doesn't seem to any application to download either.

Could you please respond? Thanks!

7. kakashi123

kakashi123 New Member

I got the answer to my questions. Mobile Email - add additional account (in addition to regular yahoo free account) - after login ID and password, scoll down to enter the Pop email server info and port info, etc. It worked for me with my family plan - no need to pay extra. Just like a Blackberry but much cheaper!

The ironic part is that Yahoo support asked me to check with Verizon (I am fed up with Yahoo's poor customer service. Their email has gone much worse ovver the years too. I am tempted to move my domain elsewhere. Altho the rightfully sent me to Verizon this time, his attitute was arrogant and unhelpful. ).

Verizon tech. support on the phone said I need to pay extra for "corporate account". Another tech. support in the store said the same thing (they just follow my cue.) It is the sales person who sold us the phone finally guided me through the process. He is great!

Hope this info will help you out.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?