1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

enV Touch: Txt alert sound won't ring when screen is locked

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by mussavcom, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mussavcom

mussavcom New Member

Hi,

I just bought the enV Touch from Verizon. In Settings -> Sounds Settings -> Alert Sounds -> TXT Message, I set a tone (Simple Beep) and set Reminder to Once. I also set Vibrate to On. Now, when I get a text while my screen is on, it shows the text and plays the sound and vibrates. But when my screen is locked, for example when I press the lock key or wait 15 seconds for it to lock automatically, all it does is vibrate -- it doesn't play a sound, it won't read out "Call from..." if I have it set to do that, it just vibrates and displays the text message (with the lock curtain over it). Why won't it ring for a text message when it's locked? I need it to, since if I'm in another room or something I won't hear it vibrate.

When I receive a call, the ringtone works, even if the screen is locked.

Thanks.

› See More: enV Touch: Txt alert sound won't ring when screen is locked
  2. X-Factor13

X-Factor13 New Member

the same thing is happening to me. cant figure out how to enable the sounds. my master volume is set to medium-low. it was working when I first got the phone but now, not so much.

3. Rodney

Rodney New Member

I have the same problem but if you take the auto lock option in the touch menu and set it to off then when the phone is blank/black the text alerts come through. The touch screen is still non responsive to touch and you have to press the buttons to activate the screen.

4. J lindel

J lindel New Member

I have not heard to much about this problem but you can always call there help line and press zero to talk to an operator. they'll be able to help you out immediatly and walk you through the steps to make the phone operate correctly.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?