1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Env touch wont connect to bitpim

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by rwise93, Sep 8, 2010.

1. rwise93

rwise93 New Member

every time i try to sync my env touch with Bitpim to backup my texts, i get an error stating "access to the file/directory has been blocked on this phone by the phone provider." I used Bitpim just two days ago and it worked fine. why is tis error coming up and what can i do to fix it?

› See More: Env touch wont connect to bitpim
  2. 2127694226

2127694226 New Member

Credit goes to Charims from another thread. This worked for me after working at this for 3 days!

For those of you still having issues with the enV Touch, sometimes you have to see if there is a setting wrong in the phone. Please ensure you only change things that you can fix later.

I was having issues connecting my phone to Bitpim, version 1.0.7, running Ubuntu 10.04. However this may apply to any OS running bitpim to connect to your mobile device.Also, my phone firmware is a higher revision than the one which Bitpim 1.0.7 was tested on. Mine was VX11KV04 and the tested firmware was VX11KV03. I am guessing that this setting was changed with the firmware upgrade to keep us from using third-party software like Bitpim.

We are going to access the service menu on your phone. Go ahead and dial this number.
    Quote:
    ##service
    or
    Quote:
    ##7378423
    Then hit send. For the letters, it is just like dialing any other number, like 1800callme=1800225563.

It wont dial a number, instead a menu will pop up that says "Test Mode"

From this menu, hit the clear button. You will see another menu labeled "ServicesLG".

Choose the "Data-LG" Option from the menu.

Ensure that "PortMap(Data)"="USB CDC" and "PortMap(Diag)="USB Diag".
    On mine, the "PortMap(Diag)" was originally set to "NULL Dev", hence keeping me from accessing it.

You should be able to leave the menu after changing the setting, and bitpim should be able to detect your phone!!

3. Bajeezeh

Bajeezeh New Member

Dude thank you soo much omfg

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?