1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

enV (VX9900) Cable Problems

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by lolsardcloth, Oct 8, 2007.

1. lolsardcloth

lolsardcloth New Member

Hi everybody, I got advice from you earlier in the year as to how to synch stuff to my Chocolate with a cable and BitPim. I'm now using the same cable to connect my new enV to my computer to synch, but it won't work. It worked fine when I connected the Chocolate via the same USB cable, but now BitPim won't recognize my phone. It does recognize that I've connected a phone to the USB cable (I get an "Add New Hardware" dialogue). But, I get the following error when I try to get/receive date from my phone on BitPim:

COM5: could not open port: (2, 'CreateFile', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

I don't know what's going on. I set BitPim to use the VX9900, I downloaded the VCAST music thing (that has the drivers for the phone), and I'm not sure where to go from here. Can anyone offer a hand?

› See More: enV (VX9900) Cable Problems
  2. lolsardcloth

lolsardcloth New Member

So I restarted and it now recognizes my phone, but I can't do anything with it!

Every time I try to get or send data to/from the phone, I get the following message:

23:21:03.997 Error: Access Denied
    Access to the file/directory has been blocked on this phone by the phone provider

Can anyone help?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?