1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

env3 shuts off by itself

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by jdeg, Aug 11, 2009.

1. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Has anyone experienced the env3 just turning itself off for seemingly no reason?

› See More: env3 shuts off by itself
  2. mattlc78touche

mattlc78touche New Member

i have the same problem, and did with the dare and the voyager, the best thing to do is take your battery out often, hard resetting the system by doing that, and then keeping it charged as much as possible, Also just try to notice any patters by doing it, They will send you a like new one if it ihas been 30 days, if it hasnt, get one now while it hasnt been 30 days,

1 person likes this.
  3. Arec Barwin

Arec Barwin New Member

I am also having the same problem. Usually I only notice it when I take the phone out of my pocket and it is off. Today was a new one: I simply closed the flip after sending a text and it shut itself off. Weird.

4. ArchDrag54

ArchDrag54 New Member

haven't had that happen yet but sometimes the screen takes a few moments to light up after closing it

5. rawfuls

rawfuls New Member

I have had the same thing as Arec Barwin, right after I finished sending a test, closed it, and it's turned off..

Since this phone is practically 1-3 weeks, I think I'll try my luck and get it replaced.

6. NeoBox3

NeoBox3 Invisible LG Man

Appearently it has to do with Verizon's new Operating system. my Phone before my enV2, my VX8300 would randomly restart. it had to do with the operating system..or an update to BREW that Verizon did to it.

7. ScrewMan

ScrewMan New Member

I'm having the same problem with the touch. When I send a text with the flip open and then close the flip the phone turns off.

8. nxon999

nxon999 New Member

I have the same problem with the Verizon env3. It just turns itself off for no reason and without any command given. I have had the phone for more than 30 days and it was after that time that the problem started. I don't think its a lack of power issue cause the phone turns off even when its fully charged.

9. sjtjb239

sjtjb239 New Member

I agree with NeoBox3. I have an enV Touch and it was working fine up until this week when I updated the F.W. Afterwards, it randomly shuts off. At first I thought I was hitting the off button in my pocket, but this morning it cut off mid-txt... weird. Hope the fix it soon :confused:.

10. ariom

ariom New Member

My daughters env3 has same problem, randomly powers down.. I talked to someone at verizon and she sadi there is supposed to be a software patch that is supposed to fix that problem & a few others. Was told to take it in to the store, hopefully it works!

11. Jake_S

Jake_S New Member

My ENV2 does the same. When I close the phone it will shut off every now and again. It's not consistent at all, so I have no idea what would cause the issue. I first suspected an issues with the microswitch for the hinge, but could not verify.

Jake

12. theGman

theGman New Member

I also was told they have a patch for this problem.

13. K-Ru

K-Ru New Member

I started having this problem about a month/ month and a half after buying my phone. It was just an annoyance at first, but once it started increasing in frequency I took my phone in to the Verizon store. They did a software update and my phone was fine for about a week. Now it is starting to turn off again. It did it twice yesterday when my phone was just sitting on a table. I was told the new software update should fix the problem... apparently not.

I suggest updating your software regardless, but it may not fix the shutting down problem.

14. Skue

Skue New Member

after only a day with my EnV3, i noticed that too. i went to the verizon store, and they said that sometimes the battery looses contact with the phone? so to buy a back cover so that it holds the batter tighter to the phone. I havent tried it yet, but maybe thats the case? so just thought i should let you all know. :)

15. Nick3596

Nick3596 New Member

i have been using the env3 for 9 months now. about 5 months ago it started shutting off...it didn't just shut off, it would just reset ( turn off and back on by itself ). it got worse to the point were it would do it literally every 2 miniutes. so i bout it in to a local verzion store and they just replaced the software and said everything would be alright. sure enough......the new env3 started doing it and i got another one! with that new one it did it agian so i started getting pissed and realized that im in this contract for 1.5 more years. they replaced it a couple days ago and so far so good. people if you have this problem bring it in because they will replace your phone because it is under 1 year factory warrenty. dont let the people at the store tell you blah blah blah because its not true. the software more the lg phones is just BAD and thats all. my recommendation is to stay away from the envs unless you know how to fix them.

1 person likes this.
  16. JohnxIII

JohnxIII New Member

i think i have just figured out the whole problem with this. i just got this phone. literally today got it. worked fine alllll day. i got home and put my sd card into the phone and like 5 mins later it starts doing this random off thing. and eventually it would just turn off then on then off then on constantly. i took the sd card out and it works fine. so im guessing every one in here has a sd card in this phone. try taking it out. see what happens. everytime i put mine in i get random shut offs. i take it out. works fine. effed up i know. i unfortunately have a unless sd card if this is the case. :\ try it and let me know if u guys have any luck. hope it works for anyone who does try this.

17. rawfuls

rawfuls New Member

Johnxlll, try reformatting the SD card in My Computer, and then again in the phone.

18. mmajor1004

mmajor1004 New Member

I've been under contract with Verizon for a little over a year now. I started off with the enV2 and had a ton of problems with it- I was literally taking the phone in every month because there was something wrong with it. Each month, Verizon gave me a refurb of the same phone. Finally, in October, after going through 5 enV 2's, I told Verizon they needed to upgrade me to the enV3. They did, and my problems have only gotten worse. The phone constantly shuts off. I have no SD card in it or anything- but every time I look at it, it's off. The unlock feature on the front is also messed up. I'm on my 2nd enV3 now. I took the phone in a few weeks ago and a manager told me there was a software patch that would take care of everything. In fact, he guaranteed me I would have no more issues with my phone. The problem seemed to be resolved for about a week, but now I'm having more problems than ever. I'm going to go to Verizon tomorrow and tell them they need to either put me in a brand new phone, different model, or cancel my service with no early termination fee. I'm sick of the crap from them, and this is getting ridiculous.

19. rwgfx

rwgfx New Member

This sounds like a problem with the battery contacts. Flipping the phone closed may separate the connection by a tiny bit. Does it happen when you flip the phone closes softly or only when you do it harder?

20. ch91woo

ch91woo New Member

the software update definitely has worked for me. my phone never shunts off anymore!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?