1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

External Hard Drive Glitch: Deleted recordings are still listed in "View Recordings" list

Discussion in 'FIOS TV' started by Maurice, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Maurice

Maurice New Member

I'm using the Cisco 435 HDC DVR + External Hard Drive. When I delete a TV show I recorded from the list of
    "View Recordings," sometimes the show is not removed from the list of "View Recordings".

How do I remove these "watched" recording from the list of "View Recordings"? The only solution I have found on the internet that works is to reformat the external hard drive which erasing all shows recorded t0 it.

› See More: External Hard Drive Glitch: Deleted recordings are still listed in "View Recordings" list
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

What happens if you power cycle the DVR? (physically unplug it)

3. Maurice

Maurice New Member

I ejected the external hard drive and powered down the DVR and the Ext HD and unplugged them. Then I reconnected everything turned them back on and still had the problem.

I solved my problem by watching what we wanted on the external drive and then reformatting it. Now everything is OK.

4. Syzygy

Syzygy Member

I've had that happen to me, before, too, and after powering down the DVR, it worked. I never thought to unplug everything. I've just wondered why it kept happening so much in the first place. Does anyone know what could cause it?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?