1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Finding numbers you've sent texts from an Alltel plan?

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by Anna_W, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Anna_W

Anna_W New Member

Was wondering if there's a way to see the phone numbers I've sent and received text messages to. I have Alltel with the plan of 400 messages a month with unlimited messaging to My Circle and Mobile to Mobile.

On my online account on alltel.com nowhere does it show the phone numbers I've sent and received text messages to/from, and that's what I need. It only shows how many messages I've sent/received for that month.

Is there a way to see the numbers I've sent/received text messages to? Is there something on my personal account in Alltel.com that I'm missing or do they never list the texted numbers? Because all I see is how many messages I've sent or received but never the phone numbers they were sent to.

Would appreciate some help. :)

› See More: Finding numbers you've sent texts from an Alltel plan?
  2. Darwinist

Darwinist New Member

Negative, Ghost Rider.

Due to the sheer volume of messages an average user has, Alltel doesn't even bother to keep this information. The messages themselves are purged after like a week and the phone numbers are saved for a short while beyond that. There is no repository that stores this information for the customer to see. Your best option is to file a subpoena for it, but even then it's not going to give you anything beyond at most the last 30 days worth of use.

From an internal perspective, employees can see the numbers used for only the current months cycle. Beyond that, it is not available. Additionally, it is not information they're allowed to provide you due to their privacy policy. They consider it proprietary info. They just don't want to accept the liability if giving this information out leads to an illegal action or domestic violence.

The handsets can store up to 100 messages before purging themselves, I'd start there and go forward.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?