1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

FOX News Trashed ATT Wireless

Discussion in 'alt.cellular.verizon' started by Karen, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. Aboutdakota wrote:
    >
    > If you live in the MSP area, Cingular Nation is great. With a T62u,
    > you can roam on T-Mobile (GSM), AT&T (¿GSM and TDMA? and AMPS), and
    > Verizon Wireless (AMPS). Coverage cannot be beat with that phone.
    >
    > AD


    If you live in Minneapolis, you can not buy service from Cingular. Cingular
    roams primarily onto AT&T in the Twin Cities with T-Mobile probably as the
    preferred GSM partner.

    Tom Veldhouse



    › See More: FOX News Trashed ATT Wireless
  2. "Harry Krause" <piedtypecase@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:bqdpmd$20qkas$3@ID-21096.news.uni-berlin.de...
    >
    >
    > All this proves is that there is an excess of right-wingers in the
    > United States who tune in Faux News for their daily feeding of what they
    > are supposed to think.
    >


    Most media in the US is decidedly NOT right wing.

    Tom Veldhouse
  3. "Karen" <kconan@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    news:Iq7yb.163455$ZC4.115875@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

    > They said that Nextel was making money and although
    > Verizon had $30 billion in debt, they had the best service and would gain
    > from number portability. Didn't even mention Stinkular or T-imobile.


    Which is what the analysts have been saying all along. AT&T has the most to
    lose from number portability because they have the highest percentage of
    corporate customers that don't want to change phone numbers, and that are
    upset with the declining quality of service.
  4. "Good Riddance AT&T" <bye2@att.com> wrote in message
    news:tO8yb.71230$Vs1.1232@twister.austin.rr.com...
    > Why would it matter where he's located?
    > No one should ever be annoyed with a company's service.
    > Even a poll made by AT&T said their CS sucks donkey's ass.
    >
    > I ported my service to a different provider and while the number was

    ported
    > not AT&T still says that I still have service with them with the same

    number
    > and that they're going to send me the bill for usage up to Friday plus
    > cancellation fee because I was still under contract. I know my contract
    > ended Nov. 15th and the phone number ported completely on Tuesday, and

    they
    > don't even see that in their system. What gives? What a bunch of
    > nincompoop!!!


    Does the carrier have to let your number go even if they claim that you are
    under contract and owe them a cancellation fee? I'm trying to convince my
    sister-in-law to just leave AT&T and let them try to get the cancellation
    fee. She's had them for five years, never got a new phone or renewed her
    contract (and turned down offers of new phones because she didn't want to
    extend her contract), but they claim she is under contract. When she turned
    down a new phone the last time, the rep told her he was giving her free long
    distance because she was such a good, long-time customer. She explicitly
    asked if this would put her into a contract and he said no, but it did put
    her under contract.
  5. idamaybrown

    idamaybrown Guest

    Harry Krause <piedtypecase@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bqe3f7$219pja$5@ID-21096.news.uni-berlin.de>...
    > Donkey Agony wrote:
    >
    > > Harry Krause wrote:
    > >
    > >>> was http://www.jsonline.com/enter/tvradio/apr03/133295.asp :
    > >>> The average audience for Fox News is 3.4 million households,
    > >>> CNN's is 2.7 million and MSNBC's is 1.3.
    > >>> There were many similar links. According to some of the other links
    > >>> returned, Fox overtook CNN in January 2002 c.e.

    >
    > >> All this proves is that there is an excess of right-wingers in the
    > >> United States who tune in Faux News for their daily feeding of what
    > >> they are supposed to think.

    > >
    > > Or maybe it's because Fox offered some excitement contrasted with CNN's
    > > stale fare. (Though CNN seems to have improved lately in that regard.)
    > >
    > > So what is *your* news source that gives you such smug enlightenment
    > > which distinguishes you from the unwashed masses?
    > >

    > Faux News is obviously right-wing in its slant and in its rah-rah
    > approach to the Bush Administration. It is the most irresponsible
    > presentation of news on cable. It is the Rush Limbaugh approach to news:
    > rabble-rousing, snide, and rarely factual. But the righties who watch it
    > love it; it's sort of like watching a football game while you're beered up.


    As opposed to Far Left-Wing NPR, PBS, NY Times, LA Times , etc....
  6. Aboutdakota

    Aboutdakota Guest

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > Aboutdakota wrote:
    >
    >>If you live in the MSP area, Cingular Nation is great. With a T62u,
    >>you can roam on T-Mobile (GSM), AT&T (¿GSM and TDMA? and AMPS), and
    >>Verizon Wireless (AMPS). Coverage cannot be beat with that phone.
    >>
    >>AD

    >
    >
    > If you live in Minneapolis, you can not buy service from Cingular. Cingular
    > roams primarily onto AT&T in the Twin Cities with T-Mobile probably as the
    > preferred GSM partner.
    >
    > Tom Veldhouse


    Yes, however, if you have Cingular from another market, you can ROAM in
    MSP. If you are on the Cingular Nation plan, you are required to have a
    GAIT phone (GSM/TDMA/AMPS 850/1900).

    ==AD
  7. Aboutdakota

    Aboutdakota Guest

    >>whereas CNN moves where the wind blows. To get somewhat unbiased news
    >
    > Thought I would never see anyone admit this! I guess the wind blows because
    > CNN sucks!


    If you ask a foreigner, he will tell you that the wind blows because
    Democrats in power suck, and Republicans in power blow.

    ==AD
  8. Aboutdakota

    Aboutdakota Guest

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > "Harry Krause" <piedtypecase@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:bqdpmd$20qkas$3@ID-21096.news.uni-berlin.de...
    >
    >>
    >>All this proves is that there is an excess of right-wingers in the
    >>United States who tune in Faux News for their daily feeding of what they
    >>are supposed to think.
    >>

    >
    >
    > Most media in the US is decidedly NOT right wing.
    >
    > Tom Veldhouse
    >
    >


    I think he was just referring to FoxNews, not media in general.

    ==AD
  9. "Justin" <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    news:slrnbsrte2.ptk.nospam@jbell.dns2go.com...
    | Been There wrote on [Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:37:11 GMT]:
    | >> Fox News is consistent in it's complete and utter right wing bias,
    | > So what! After years of constant leftist propaganda from the other
    boys,
    | > the majority now has a source for news. You may see it as "right wing
    | > bias", I see it as RIGHT!
    |
    | Well then, you'd be wrong.
    |
    |
    | >> whereas CNN moves where the wind blows. To get somewhat unbiased news
    | > Thought I would never see anyone admit this! I guess the wind blows
    because
    | > CNN sucks!
    |
    | Yes, CNN does suck. US news media isn't about NEWS, it's about SELLING
    | ADS. So, Fox panders to the right wing fascists, and CNN panders to
    | whoever will watch them.
    |

    that's why there's the BBC (does not air any advertisements, completely
    taxpayer and govt funded). quite objective in its reports.
  10. JerryK

    JerryK Guest

    There is something to this, but it depends on what you are measuring. In
    our family we have ATTWS, T-Mobile, and Verizion. Verizon seems to have the
    most stable and available service. AT&T has the coolest phones and
    technology. T-Mobile has the best data prices and is very liberal with
    things like unlock codes.

    jerry
  11. Thadius

    Thadius Guest

    I disagree that BBC is objective. I was watching BBC coverage of the Iraq
    ware and it was *far* from objective. They take there sides just like most
    other news outlets.

    "Andy M --Tampa Bay--" <nospamandym@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:Tzwzb.19085$%h4.16868@twister.tampabay.rr.com...
    > "Justin" <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > news:slrnbsrte2.ptk.nospam@jbell.dns2go.com...
    > | Been There wrote on [Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:37:11 GMT]:
    > | >> Fox News is consistent in it's complete and utter right wing bias,
    > | > So what! After years of constant leftist propaganda from the other
    > boys,
    > | > the majority now has a source for news. You may see it as "right wing
    > | > bias", I see it as RIGHT!
    > |
    > | Well then, you'd be wrong.
    > |
    > |
    > | >> whereas CNN moves where the wind blows. To get somewhat unbiased news
    > | > Thought I would never see anyone admit this! I guess the wind blows
    > because
    > | > CNN sucks!
    > |
    > | Yes, CNN does suck. US news media isn't about NEWS, it's about SELLING
    > | ADS. So, Fox panders to the right wing fascists, and CNN panders to
    > | whoever will watch them.
    > |
    >
    > that's why there's the BBC (does not air any advertisements, completely
    > taxpayer and govt funded). quite objective in its reports.
    >
    >
  12. Harry Krause

    Harry Krause Guest

    Aboutdakota wrote:
    >
    > Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    >> "Harry Krause" <piedtypecase@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> news:bqdpmd$20qkas$3@ID-21096.news.uni-berlin.de...
    >>
    >>>
    >>>All this proves is that there is an excess of right-wingers in the
    >>>United States who tune in Faux News for their daily feeding of what they
    >>>are supposed to think.
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> Most media in the US is decidedly NOT right wing.
    >>
    >> Tom Veldhouse
    >>
    >>

    >
    > I think he was just referring to FoxNews, not media in general.
    >
    > ==AD
    >



    That is correct. Fox is blatantly right-wing in its news and editorial
    coverage. As is, for example, the Moonie newspaper, the Washington Times.



    --
    Email sent to piedtypecase@yahoo.com is never read.
  13. "Aboutdakota" <aboutdakota@hot-mail.com> wrote in message
    news:3FCE4589.9000007@hot-mail.com...
    >
    >
    > Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > > Aboutdakota wrote:
    > >
    > >>If you live in the MSP area, Cingular Nation is great. With a T62u,
    > >>you can roam on T-Mobile (GSM), AT&T (¿GSM and TDMA? and AMPS), and
    > >>Verizon Wireless (AMPS). Coverage cannot be beat with that phone.
    > >>
    > >>AD

    > >
    > >
    > > If you live in Minneapolis, you can not buy service from Cingular.

    Cingular
    > > roams primarily onto AT&T in the Twin Cities with T-Mobile probably as

    the
    > > preferred GSM partner.
    > >
    > > Tom Veldhouse

    >
    > Yes, however, if you have Cingular from another market, you can ROAM in
    > MSP. If you are on the Cingular Nation plan, you are required to have a
    > GAIT phone (GSM/TDMA/AMPS 850/1900).
    >


    I just pointed it out because you said "live" in MSP area.

    Tom Veldhouse
  14. Mark Allread

    Mark Allread Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 08:54:53 -0500, Harry Krause <piedtypecase@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    > That is correct. Fox is blatantly right-wing in its news and editorial
    > coverage. As is, for example, the Moonie newspaper, the Washington Times.


    Fox News is at least open about their predisposition, unlike CNN/MSNBC,
    etc.

    But despite their "fair and balanced" tagline, it's quite obvious
    that they're not trying to pretend to be truly balanced, unlike the
    vast majority of other US news sources such as CNN and the New York Times,
    which are blatantly liberal but try and make viewers/readers believe
    otherwise.

    --
    Mark
  15. That is true, as they were looking at their interests (their armed forces)
    in Iraq. But compared to FOX and CNN, they are waaay more objective.
    Everything is relative. Yes, there is no purely objective network in the
    business. They got to have a slant somewhere. Oh yes, and that British guy
    (spy/govt dude?) who was killed/committed suicide because the BBC revelaed
    his identity. That was bad piece of journalism.

    I think I'll stick to FARK.com and fuckedcompany.com

    "Thadius" <PsuedoName@noplace.com> wrote in message
    news:7WEzb.26883$a54.4848@nwrddc03.gnilink.net...
    | I disagree that BBC is objective. I was watching BBC coverage of the Iraq
    | ware and it was *far* from objective. They take there sides just like
    most
    | other news outlets.
    |
    | "Andy M --Tampa Bay--" <nospamandym@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    | news:Tzwzb.19085$%h4.16868@twister.tampabay.rr.com...
    | > "Justin" <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    | > news:slrnbsrte2.ptk.nospam@jbell.dns2go.com...
    | > | Been There wrote on [Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:37:11 GMT]:
    | > | >> Fox News is consistent in it's complete and utter right wing bias,
    | > | > So what! After years of constant leftist propaganda from the other
    | > boys,
    | > | > the majority now has a source for news. You may see it as "right
    wing
    | > | > bias", I see it as RIGHT!
    | > |
    | > | Well then, you'd be wrong.
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | >> whereas CNN moves where the wind blows. To get somewhat unbiased
    news
    | > | > Thought I would never see anyone admit this! I guess the wind blows
    | > because
    | > | > CNN sucks!
    | > |
    | > | Yes, CNN does suck. US news media isn't about NEWS, it's about SELLING
    | > | ADS. So, Fox panders to the right wing fascists, and CNN panders to
    | > | whoever will watch them.
    | > |
    | >
    | > that's why there's the BBC (does not air any advertisements, completely
    | > taxpayer and govt funded). quite objective in its reports.
    | >
    | >
    |
    |
    |
  16. Al Klein

    Al Klein Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:37:11 GMT, "Been There" <nospam@nospam.com>
    posted in alt.cellular.verizon:

    >> Fox News is consistent in it's complete and utter right wing bias,


    >So what! After years of constant leftist propaganda from the other boys,
    >the majority now has a source for news.


    The majority has yet to learn the difference between "news" and
    "editorial comment".
  17. Al Klein

    Al Klein Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 08:54:53 -0500, Harry Krause
    <piedtypecase@yahoo.com> posted in alt.cellular.verizon:

    >That is correct. Fox is blatantly right-wing in its news and editorial
    >coverage. As is, for example, the Moonie newspaper, the Washington Times.


    The Washington Times is decidedly *NOT* right-wing. It would have to
    move FAR to the left to be right-wing.
  18. Al Klein

    Al Klein Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:14:02 GMT, "Steven M. Scharf"
    <scharf.steven@linkearth.net> posted in alt.cellular.verizon:

    >Does the carrier have to let your number go even if they claim that you are
    >under contract and owe them a cancellation fee?


    Only according to the FCC. How that affects what the companies
    actually do - at least until the FCC lands on one of them for refusing
    to release a number - remains to be seen.

    > I'm trying to convince my
    >sister-in-law to just leave AT&T and let them try to get the cancellation
    >fee. She's had them for five years, never got a new phone or renewed her
    >contract (and turned down offers of new phones because she didn't want to
    >extend her contract), but they claim she is under contract. When she turned
    >down a new phone the last time, the rep told her he was giving her free long
    >distance because she was such a good, long-time customer. She explicitly
    >asked if this would put her into a contract and he said no, but it did put
    >her under contract.


    If she didn't agree to anything that would renew her contract, she's
    not under contract. (Since I'm usually not under contract, Verizon
    has tried that tactic with me many times.) If they try to collect an
    ETF, tell them (or, rather, have her tell them) to be prepared to
    present the signed contract as evidence, or face a countersuit for
    frivolous suit. Tell her to make sure she gets the rep's name (at the
    beginning of the call) and to tell the rep that the rep, personally,
    will be named in the countersuit, unless the rep gets AT&T's legal
    department in on the call immediately.

    The legal department will advise the rep that there's no valid
    contract and to drop the empty threats. (Making those threats is
    actually illegal, and can subject AT&T to large fines.)
  19. Al Klein

    Al Klein Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 04:23:53 GMT, "JerryK" <jerryk@nospam.com> posted
    in alt.cellular.verizon:

    >There is something to this, but it depends on what you are measuring. In
    >our family we have ATTWS, T-Mobile, and Verizion. Verizon seems to have the
    >most stable and available service. AT&T has the coolest phones and
    >technology. T-Mobile has the best data prices and is very liberal with
    >things like unlock codes.


    Verizon is even more liberal with unlock codes - you don't need any,
    since their phones aren't locked.
  20. Aboutdakota

    Aboutdakota Guest

    Al Klein wrote:
    > On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 04:23:53 GMT, "JerryK" <jerryk@nospam.com> posted
    > in alt.cellular.verizon:
    >
    >
    >>There is something to this, but it depends on what you are measuring. In
    >>our family we have ATTWS, T-Mobile, and Verizion. Verizon seems to have the
    >>most stable and available service. AT&T has the coolest phones and
    >>technology. T-Mobile has the best data prices and is very liberal with
    >>things like unlock codes.

    >
    >
    > Verizon is even more liberal with unlock codes - you don't need any,
    > since their phones aren't locked.


    Yeah, but many CDMA carriers will not activate or allow an ESN change to
    a phone that was not purchased from them. So, for instance, if only
    Verizon offers the Nokia 6969q, but Sprint offers teh 6969b, Verizon can
    decline to activate the ESN of the 6969b because it offers the 6969q.

    ==AD

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.


Forgot your password?