1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Free apps versus paid apps for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phoneman, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Phoneman

Phoneman Member

I know that there are a lot of free apps available in the store but is it better to download a free app or go for the paid version of it? This is because I see a lot of ads in the free apps which I don't mind, but are there any additional features in the paid apps? If paid apps are more useful due to some good features I don't mind paying a few dollars to purchase them.

› See More: Free apps versus paid apps for iPhone?
  2. Garfield

Garfield New Member

Free apps do not cost any money but at the same time may not have any additional features. This means that the use of the apps would be for a very basic purpose and for anything more you may need to pay some money. But usually the paid apps are worth the money so go ahead with it.

3. Keanu

Keanu New Member

I always use free apps because they serve my purpose. Why spend money when you can get the same thing for free? Of course if you would like to spend money you can buy several apps that are paid only and do not have a free version at all. Those are good and worth buying since they are not available for free.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Member

Paid! I hate ads. Nearly all my apps are paid apps. The ads are getting bigger and more numerous. I'd just rather not deal with them. Most aren't that much. But prices are going up. I see it everyday. I've been saving up paid apps I get free or at a discount and storing them in my purchased list. I don't have the space on my 16 gb phone. But I'll upgrade in September with 64 gb. They run great paid apps on sale all the time. Many free. Get the app, AppAdvice. And get AppShopper. It tells you when an app on your wish list goes down in price. You don't have to spend a fortune on apps.

5. Demello

Demello New Member

I have downloaded several free apps and most of them perform fine for me. The only issue is that free apps have a lot of ads that come along with them and you have to keep clicking them out or just ignore them. I buy paid apps only if the free version is not available and I need them badly.

6. Dialtone

Dialtone Member

Always remember that paid apps have way more features than free ones. Besides, free apps usually entice you to buy the paid app, if they are really good. In any case, if you need something badly you might as well pay for it. I have all paid apps and only a few free ones because most of them do not serve my purpose.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?