1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Free Ringtones on LG Voyager VX10000

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by jdeg, Nov 25, 2007.

1. lores5606

lores5606 New Member

Re: Free Ringtones on Voyager VX10000

What site are you going to?

I dont think the reason it doesnt work anymore is because you dont have vcast. I dont have vcast on my phone anymore and i can still send them to my phone.

› See More: Free Ringtones on LG Voyager VX10000
  2. Axl

Axl Member

Using an audio editing program to shorten a sound bite, then putting that on your SD card, or using bitpim, you can make ringtones for free.
    No need to send them to the phone, and pay charges to the phone company.

3. lores5606

lores5606 New Member

i dont pay any charges. I have unlimited text to and from any network. Obviously others may pay per text and in that case bitpim would be a better use for them.

4. masterg2

masterg2 New Member

just wanted to say thanks for this information. i had first gen voyager and everything worked fine. my backlight died on me so they gave me a new one with new software and i ran into the same problem. glad someone figured out how to get past it

5. Ayo_K

Ayo_K New Member

awsome thanks alot

6. asus

asus New Member

I just got my phone I can put games on it using Bitpim but when i try to put my ring tones i can see them in the folder (bitpim) but once i go to the phone not there any ideas what i'm doing wrong. tried draging ringtone to folder and it converted my ringtone but still cant find it.

I tried the instructions as in post #30 on page 2 in this thread but no luck
    any help would be appreciated

7. asus

asus New Member

never mind i figured it out went to wrong folder

8. Tred009

Tred009 New Member

Re: HOW-TO: Free Ringtones on Voyager VX10000

so you HAVE to use a usb cable? where do u get a usb cable for the phone?

9. asus

asus New Member

Yes you need one. mine came with the phone but i think that anybody that sells cell phones has one

10. jonmboxer

jonmboxer New Member

Does anyone know if this will work with a Palm Centro? My fiance has one and we're trying to find a way to get ringtones onto her phone.

Thanks.

11. 72westie

72westie New Member

Just downloaded bitpim. I had to download a missing .dll file to get it to work, but other than that, nice and simple. :)

12. soxfan2546

soxfan2546 New Member

sweet thanks!

13. verasop

verasop New Member

i saw earlier in the thread about putting a mp3 on a microsd card and using it as a ringtone in the phone, but its not working for me...or im not doing it correctly. anyone else know how to do this?

14. bloniasz75

bloniasz75 New Member

You have to have the mp3 saved to the phones memory, not on an sd card. Then whe you go to 'my ringtones', it should show up.

15. Neko

Neko New Member

Verizon is sending me another phone after owning mine for only 2 weeks, something was wrong with the headset jack. I have all pix/flix/videos on my card, now when I get my new phone how do I get back my/set up ringtones?

16. bloniasz75

bloniasz75 New Member

Not sure.
    Depends on how you got your ringtones.
    If you downloaded them from verizon you might be able to call verizon and ask them if you'll be charged again for re-downloading them.
    If you have them saved on your card then all you have to do is send them to yourself as a sound in a picture message from your cellphone. When you get the message, save it as a ringtone. (you'll be charged if you don't have unlimited texting, of course)
    You could even send them to yourself through your email if you have ringtones on your cpu. In your email, send the message to "your10digitphone#"@vzwpix.com, where by "your10digitphone#" I mean your personal cell phone number with area code first. This counts as a picture message. You can also send yourself pix this way too. (I found this info elsewhere on this site, I don't wanna take credit for it, just share a neat trick)
    You can get free ringtones and other stuff at a site called Zedge.com also. I usually wouldn't advertise for anyone, but it's a neat, free site with a lot of stuff. And did I say it was free?
    Good luck.

17. xgenevieve

xgenevieve New Member

ok so I have my Voyager, and I got the picture message from Myxer AND mobile17 but I can't use the sound that I saved. It's saved under sounds and there's no "use as ringtone" option when i open it up.

help :(

18. bloniasz75

bloniasz75 New Member

As far as i can tell, you need to have the sound you want to use saved in your 'ringtones' folder on the phone itself. If the sounds you want to use are in the 'sounds' folder, all you can do is listen to them.
    To fix your problem either go back to the initial message you received with the sound/ringtone in it and in the options menu click on 'save as ringtone'. That will save it to your phones memory and make it available for use. Or, if you deleted those messages, send it to yourself from your 'sounds' folder as a sound in a pic message and do what I stated above when you get your message.
    Hope that made sense/helped. :)

19. Insane Muffin

Insane Muffin New Member

I know this is an old question, but how do you put ringtones on voyager with a mSD card?...I cant send picture messages because I dont have the data package, and at the moment I dont have a usb cord. I have shortened mp3 files from using audicity, but how can i transfer them to my ringtones from mSD card? is it possible?

20. bloniasz75

bloniasz75 New Member

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to do that. There should be, but there's not. You have to 'send' yourself the sound and 'save as ringtone' from the message in order to transfer any sounds to your phones memory. You'll have to upgrade your package or just pay for the message(s). It's kinda dumb, the phone will let you listen to anything no matter where it's saved, but if you want to 'use' a sound you're limited in options for doing that.:confused:
    There is a way off hacking into your phone and 'putting' sounds in it, but you need a cable to connect your phone to the pc. Good luck. (?)

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?