1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Free Ringtones on LG Voyager VX10000

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by jdeg, Nov 25, 2007.

1. lumbeeman2001

lumbeeman2001 New Member

Re: Free Ringtones on Voyager VX10000

I followed all the steps to add ringtones. The ringtone I used was saved to the ringtone file, but when I sent it to my phone the phone restarted but the new ringtone was there. Also I tried to add a ringtone from my sounds and the sound piece did not show up on bitpim. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for the help.

› See More: Free Ringtones on LG Voyager VX10000
  2. michigandude24

michigandude24 New Member

This is sweet. Thanks.

3. mooony

mooony New Member

LG phones are great

4. lavanyaja

lavanyaja New Member

Ive a macbook, any ideas to put in free ringtones?

5. WiredNot

WiredNot New Member

Simple. Text them to your phone using email. Your phone's multimedia text message address is: [your phone number]@vzwpix.com. Just attach the free ringtone's audio file to a short email message and send it to your Voyager. Once it arrives, set the audio file as a ringtone.

Best regards, WiredNot

6. jeeptree

jeeptree New Member

OK guys it looks like after I re installed vista I lost the use of BITPIM. every time I install it, I get a error message saying Msvcp71.d missing please un-install and try again. well iv done that a ton of times and looked to every where fix this problem and it still isn't resolved. any tips

7. jeeptree

jeeptree New Member

Not that any one was concerned but I fix my problem. but now every other time I go to get my info off my phone it says the info you are trying to receive is being blocked by service provider. is this something I should be concerned with or what?
    by the way Im using the new voyager on verizon network and have no data plan. so I dont serf the web on it or anything. the bitpim im using is the newest one. just wondering if I will get in trouble for doing it throw bitpim?

8. DeltaNu07

DeltaNu07 New Member

does any one have omigod you guys ringtone that can be downladed to the voyger mine isnt going through

9. HanQi

HanQi New Member

Hi.. I want to know do I have to unlock the phone before I can upload own ringtones? Cuz I'll follow all ur step that on it.. but when i get to #5 when I try to Expand the Filesystem it say it won't work.. and I try to Get Phone Data it won't work too.....

10. jeeptree

jeeptree New Member

HanQi:
    First what are you using (ie. what kind of phone? and what version of Bitpim?)
    I had the same problem I had to uninstall bitpim and reinstall it after I installed all the drivers,
    make sure that everything is up to date on your computer to. I had an out of date driver once that did the same thing.
    I ended up using the software that came with my phone first just to make sure it works and the computer recognizes the phone. then I proceeded to install bitpim. it worked for me!!!

11. HanQi

HanQi New Member

I had LG Voyager 10000 and I have 1.0.6 Bitpim.... now i'm little bit lost about the drivers thing...Sorry.. When I got this phone.. no CD came with...

12. jeeptree

jeeptree New Member

Great that narrows it down a lot most likely that's the problem. you will have to get your hands on the software for that phone. I looked on LGs website but no luck, Your best bet is to ether go to your service provider and ask for a CD or try this link..... OH wait I cant put any links in till I hit 20 post ( this is stupid you send me an email to help one another out but limit what that person can do. way to go.) any way Id love to help you out by putting the link to the Verizons Voyager product page that I found so that you can download the software but I cant yet.
    so you can copy and past this in to you url make sure you add the HTTP:/
    support.vzw.com/phones/index.html?p=4069

13. HanQi

HanQi New Member

OK! I'll check it out when I get home from school. thx for u help!

14. HanQi

HanQi New Member

ok... I check.. now for some reason starting last night.. when i put the usb in to my cell.. its won't work... and i don't know my "PC Cards" so i don't know what to do...><

15. kozaic

kozaic New Member

Hey guys i tried adding rings to my vx10000 and they showed up fine on the phone, and i go an set them as my ringtone fine but when i recieve a call they dont work at all. i can play them from te phone but i set it as a ringtone and the damn thing just say in a voice that i am receiving a call from who ever is calling. i combed thru the setting with a fine toothed comb and nothing works. it only vibrates and give that annoying voice alert. and i never backed the ring tones file up. i am using bitpim version 1.6

16. kozaic

kozaic New Member

can some one help me out with a copy of their ringtone file

17. codenamegriffi

codenamegriffi New Member

Is there any way to make this phone be able to save files from the internet to internal memory?
    Mozilla/4.1 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; ) 400x240 LGE VX10000

18. Silver_Leaf

Silver_Leaf New Member

Wow thanks this really helped. i was so jazzed when i got my new phone but then i realized i couldn't use my music for ringtones...:(

btw do i have to convert the files to a specific format?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  19. strgod

strgod New Member

Re: Free Ringtones on LG Voyager VX-10000

Hi guys..I read your posts but I'm still having trouble getting ringtones to my phone. I'm in Canada..Got the LG Voyager 10000 with Telus..When I go into the phone wizard..It doesn't give me the option to select Telus and the LG Voyager..I have to select Verizon and then I can select the LG Voyager..and then when I select the com port the phone is found at..it says "FAILED"..so I don't know what to do..I have all the drivers..and I've even went into my phone's filesystem..I go to Brew/Shared/Ringtones/ But I cannot add anything there..Neither do I see any other files there..So i'm stuck here and I really need your guys help..I have the USB Mass Storage on Manual as well..and so yes...I think the problem is that I cannot get my phone selected in the Phone Wizard..I also have the latest "test" version of BitPim, and have tried the latest official Version (1.6)..so yeah any help would be appreciated.

20. strgod

strgod New Member

Re: Free Ringtones on LG Voyager VX-10000

Well no one replied but incase anyone else ever comes across this problem, All you have to do is go into settings and it says "Read Only"..make sure that is unchecked..I had mine unchecked the entire time and it wouldn't let me write to the phone..but as soon as I unchecked, and I restarted the program, and voila..it works..Hopefully someone else gets it to work like I did.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?