1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

How-to Free Videos on Voyager VX10000

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by jdeg, Nov 25, 2007.

1. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

The following is how to put videos on your Voyager phone.

• The easiest way to do this is to load videos onto the sd card for the phone using an SD card reader.
    • After the SD card is formatted in the phone, video files should be put in the "my_flix" folder
    Use S.u.p.e.r. to encode
    SUPER © videos
    http://www.erightsoft.info/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe

Formats:
    • 3GP
    • 3G2
    • MP4 (MPEG-4 codec, AAC audio)
    Size: 320x240 *
    Aspect: 4:3
    Frame/Sec: varies depending on source video
    14.985 - 29.97
    Video bitrate: Up to you
    (3Gx)144kbps or higher bitrate for good tv-DVD quality

Check:
    • high quality
    • stretch it
    • 3gpv4/v5
    Uncheck:
    • use direct show
    • top quality
    Sampling Freq:
    • 2channels
    Audio Bitrate kbps: 128
    DVD language: Default
    Drag and Drop > Click "Encode (Active Files)
    -Supports Batch Processing-

› See More: Free Videos on Voyager VX10000
    1 person likes this.
  2. wheresthesound

wheresthesound New Member

Re: HOW-TO: Free Videos on Voyager VX10000

I use a mac can i use the .3gp export option in quicktime pro and move the converted file to the mini sd card? im exporting it right now but i just wanted to know if anybody has tried this and what were the results. i'll post again if i does work.
  3. twitch77

twitch77 New Member

awesome, thank you very much for the info. . .getting a voyager on monday, and i read a review and they said it was very difficult to get videos on the phone.
    this makes it much easier, and i can't wait to give it a try :D
    thnx.
  4. twitch77

twitch77 New Member

okay. . .this super thing is really confusing me :p. i keep getting an error while trying to encode. . .lol, i so have no idea what i'm doing here.

at the top (1) it asks me to select the output container. . .there's:

3gp (Nokia/NEC/Siemens)

3gp (Sony Ericsson)

3g2 (Sony Ericsson)

then (2) select the output video codec. . .here's the options on that:

with 3gp (Nokia/NEC/Siemens) selected in (1)----H.263; H.264/AVC; and MPEG-4

it's the same with 3gp (Sony Ericsson)

3g2----MPEG-4; H.264/AVC; and XviD

i'm not so confused with (3). . .i gotta select aac on that one.

anyhow, i'm trying to convert a .avi video into 3gp. . .but an error keeps occuring. . .what do i select on (1) and (2) at the very top?

thnx.

----edit----

okay maybe i need to select .avi for (1)? here's that:

i'm trying to convert an avi file into 3gp, here's what it looks like in super:

(1 select the output container)
    avi

(2 select the output video coded) ***not sure which to choose. . .here's the options:***
    Divx
    DV Digital Video
    Flash Video
    H.263
    H.263+
    H.264/AVC
    huffYUV
    M-JPEG
    MPEG-I
    MPEG-II
    MPEG-4
    MS-mpeg4-v1
    MS-mpeg4-v2
    XviD
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  5. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Ok guys/gals.....if Super is frustrating and/or confusing. There is a website you can go to and have it do all the work for you.

I know we usually don't advertise other sites, but seeings how we don't have anything like this, and if the Admin. don't mind, I'll post a link.

It will convert any movie, short film clip, etc. to the proper format, and then either send it directly to your phone, or have it sent back to your email address. It will also convert short clips from YouTube or any other website also...all you have to do is put in the web address.

One thing....first try and have it convert to the phone's native format...3gp...if all goes well...try and have it format in MP4 format. The quality is better...but sometimes it doesn't work.

the website is called Zamzar, and the link is here------> Zamzar.com

Good Luck!
  6. Borg561

Borg561 New Member

I kept having the same problem. Was trying to convert a WMV file to 3GP, 3G2, or MP4 for the Voyager and kept getting an error. I tried numerous settings. I finally got it to work. What I did was convert it to AVI, then converted the AVI to 3GP. It worked and it plays fine on the phone. So if you keep getting errors, I'd suggest trying to convert the file to a different format first, then convert to one that works on the phone.

Justin
    1 person likes this.
  7. twitch77

twitch77 New Member

awesome, i really appreciate that. . .now if you'll excuse me, i got some videos to load :p
    thnx.
  8. ARMY

ARMY New Member

I myself have the same probs. I just got my phone today, and very P Od, that they don't give you something to convert them with. Heck My Sanya MP3 player came with conversion software, and was a 3rd of the price. Anyway, can anyone recommend a good app to convet movies (dvd, etc) to AVI with? So many out, which are worth using?:rolleyes:
  9. Borg561

Borg561 New Member

I use Super, which tavenger5 linked to in the original post. It took some digging around for me to get the file downloaded from their site (no simple "download setup file here" link). Once installed, I'd suggest following his recommendations for the different options. If you try to initially convert to 3GP or 3G2 and it gives you an error, try first converting to AVI, then convert the AVI file to 3GP or 3G2.

Justin
  10. ARMY

ARMY New Member

Thanks Borg, will try it that way then.

edit. Didn't work so well. Will look for other apps, and post as I try them.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  11. ARMY

ARMY New Member

I tried Magic DVD Ripper, used the setting for iPOD, and it worked like a champ. No settings to play with, just select the source for the output, and it's done. For DVds only. Tring to convert some AVI's to DVD and try it with that as well. Stay posted for results.
  12. ARMY

ARMY New Member

UPDATE:
    I used WinAVI to convert some AVI's to DVD, then used Magic DVD Ripper to convert to iPOD format, and they both worked just fine. If you need a key to Magic DVD Ripper, I might be able to help you. Newsgroups has the app also, and torrents. Hope this helps you folks out.
  13. ARMY

ARMY New Member

update 2:

Cucusoft_Ultimate_DVD_+_Video_Converter_Suite_v7.6.7.5 also works quite well, no settings to change. Can also be found on news groups and torrents, and a bestbuy for 60 bucks. Does all files, not just DVDs.

M2 converter for iPOD- Tested a trial, and the videos were a bit chopie with H264 compression, but the MPEG4 option was not bad. Have not been able to locate a , how we say, free working copy yet. If you should, please message me where.
  14. trailertravis1

trailertravis1 New Member

Can someone please explain to me how you download the setup file from Super's site? I would really like to use the program with my voyager but I can't find the location to download the file from and I'm starting to get really confused/frustrated. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Travis
  15. SpaceCataz

SpaceCataz New Member

I have no problem converting the video to 3gp format, but when i transfer it to the memory card there is no my_flix folder. there is only a music folder. I have tried just adding it to the card in no folder and creating a my_flix folder and neither way recognizes it. It renames it as an unknown type of file and no longer show it as a 3gp
  16. Danmaan

Danmaan New Member

Thanks for the suggestions ARMY - I went with Cucosoft since you can convert from DVD or AVI file... Looks like its gonna do the trick. (ps. if you need help finding it, let me know, i can point you in the right direction).

17. candy2007

candy2007 New Member

Can someone please explain to me how you download the setup file from Super's site?
  18. Ransx77

Ransx77 New Member

I use a different program to create my MP4s called CreateDVD-Mobile. Anyway, I have a usable MP4 movie, I can view it using Quicktime on my desktop. I copied the MP4 into my-flix folder on the micro-sd card, stuck it in the phone, navigated >settings and tools>memory>card memory>My videos and lo and behold there is my MP4. But when click OK I get nada. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance.
  19. y2kgtp

y2kgtp New Member

SUPER © videos

It's at the bottom of the screen. Have to click on:

Download SUPER © setup file from official site 1
  20. toney420

toney420 New Member

can't download super am I doing something wrong

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?