1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Free Videos on Voyager VX10000

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by jdeg, Nov 25, 2007.

1. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

tried super and crusoft as mentioned in this thread but wasn't happy found a new program called Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter you can convert to any format and its sooo easy like all you do is set the size and mp4 and audio bitrate

› See More: Free Videos on Voyager VX10000
  2. jonmboxer

jonmboxer New Member

I am having some issues also. It seems that once I create the My_Flix folder on the phone's internal memory, I get an error in windows when at 99% and the file transfer does not complete. I created a My_Flix folder on the phone and when the video finished transferring the folder was gone and the 3gp file was there. When I go to check for the video on the phone there's no finding it, however the memory usage changes to suggest it had transferred. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  3. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

If i understand your post correct..It seems like the phone is plainly not reconizing the converted file that you put onto the phone...try to reconvert it with mp4 and with the settings listed in this thread and try again

try Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter as the tool to convert your movies...you can use it to convert the files to any format..I recommend mp4

4. jonmboxer

jonmboxer New Member

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using using Ultra Mobile 3gp Video Converter. Should i create a folder to put it in on the phone or no folder?

5. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

Were you using that converter prior to your post? and No just drag them over to the my flix folder

actually dude. Its easier if your computer has the SD card slot and you have the sd adapter for you micro sd card...then using the wire

if thats not the converter you used prior to your origonal post. Seems like your conversion settings were incorrect..and you were using 3gp instead of mp4 which is a better format

6. jonmboxer

jonmboxer New Member

No SD cards yet, just using internal memory and usb. I was using the same program before and didnt have it on mp4. also, there is no my flix folder on the phone. just create my_flix like that?

7. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

hmm...give me 5 or so minutes..ill take out the memory card and try it out and get back to you of how to do it without the card

edit-I just looked at the internal memory on my phone i have 47MB used and available is 129.3MB...

Well i think that is not enough memory to put a video onto the phone memory...You need a card bro

8. jonmboxer

jonmboxer New Member

ok great, thanks!

9. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

look at my above post I edited it

10. jonmboxer

jonmboxer New Member

Ok man, thanks for taking the time out to lend a hand :)

11. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

No problem man. A regular movie won't fit onto your cell phones internal memory..Unless its a very very short movie that when it converts its 100 MB or less

12. jonmboxer

jonmboxer New Member

Can BitPim be used to transfer movies to the phone? (internal memory usage)
    If so is there a certain directory/folder on the phone this should be done in?

Thanks.

Edit - I checked my phones internal memory and I had plenty of space for the video. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Edit - Ok I figured it out on how to use BitPim. You can just import the .gp2 file as wallpaper video and it works great :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  13. Axl

Axl Member

If I understand some earlier posts correctly, you created a my_flix folder on your SD card? That is the wrong way to do it. You must FORMAT the SD card in the phone. That will create the proper directory structure, then you can transfer videos to it.

14. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

no....the user didn't have a sd card to begin with. Thus their was no my_flix folder to begin with. So he wondered if he needed to create on then drag videos their using the internal phone memory. I checked how much phone memory is avail and its not enough to hold a movie...maybe a short video clip but a movie nope..he needed a SD card

15. soxfan2546

soxfan2546 New Member

Re: HOW-TO: Free Videos on Voyager VX10000

sweeeet... i always wanted to know how to do that thanks!

16. RJD2001

RJD2001 New Member

I've been having trouble converting DVDs to a format to play on my Voyager. I've been using Cucusoft Ultimate Converter and converting to 3g2 format. (This was what I was told the format was for Voyager - can it play MP4?) My problem is that the audio is out of sync with the video and the video gets choppy at times, which is what gets the audio off. What can I do? Also, what is the best size setting to fill the screen without cutting off a lot of the picture? I've been using keep original format. Would appreciate any help so I can get this thing working. Also, do I always format the mini card on the phone before trying to drag movies onto it with the adapter in the slot on my computer?

17. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Yes...you can play mp4 on the phone...or it will accept it.
    As for the audio out of sync...I've never had that problem....it may be your converter. Also, never get choppy....so that makes me lean even more towards your converter program.

No, you do not need to format your micro sd card after the first time. Put your card into the phone, have it format it, and after that your good to go.

18. RJD2001

RJD2001 New Member

Have you actually managed to convert a DVD and gotten it to play all the way through IN SYNC (audio and video)? I've been trying to find a settings that works with Cucusoft for the last 2 weeks and every setting I think works goes out of sync after an hour or so of the movie. I've been trying to rip Armageddon, which I know is long (2.5 hrs), but I figured it I could get that to work it should work with any movie. If you've gotten it to convert and run in sync all the way through, what settings are you using? Any help would be appreciated. I've tried .3g2 and .mp4 both and just can't seem to find the settings that work with the Voyager.

19. RJD2001

RJD2001 New Member

What settings are you using with Cucusoft and is the video and audio in sync all the way through the movie? That's where I'm having problems with it. Any help would be appreciated if you got it to convert and stay in sync.

20. RJD2001

RJD2001 New Member

With Cucusoft's Ultimate DVD & Video Converter I've finally narrowed down the settings. For .3gp format

video encoder: xvid
    video bitrate: 332
    frame rate: 20.000 (still need to fine tune this one)
    video size: 320 x 240
    audio encoder: aac
    audio bitrate: 56K
    sample rate: 22050

This give me a file of 479 MB for a 2.5 hr. movie like Armageddon. It looks and sounds pretty good and the audio and video will eventually be in sync with some adjustment ofthe frame rate. Hope this helps anyone else having the same problem.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?