1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Freezing while adding music to library on LG VX8600

Discussion in 'LG' started by Shado, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Shado

Shado New Member

I got the VX8600 today from Verizon, formatted the microSD for the phone, added the music to the music folder.. and when I go to the My Music folder on my phone it will say adding music to library then after like 1 or 2 minutes it will restart and nothing happened.. any help?

› See More: Freezing while adding music to library on LG VX8600
  2. Shado

Shado New Member

Another thing.. I took off all but 6 songs and it works.. anybody know why? Please give me some help..

3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Wait, so there isn't a problem now? Maybe one of the files was corrupt?

4. Shado

Shado New Member

There is a problem.. I can't add more than like 3 or 4 songs at once and it is a hassle to do.

5. reader

reader Guest

Either Verizon is having problems with their software or it is clashing with some of the recent Windows updates (my experience on XP Pro.) Often, when the MEM program hits a bad filename or copy protected file, it freezes. Sometimes it just freezes for no apparent reason, but it's more likely it encounter a problem with a file.

You can try downloading the latest Verizon Music software and drivers...

Free Download of Verizon Music Software/Drivers

...or you can simply load the files directly on your microSD card using a reader connected to your computer. This is far faster and less hassle than Verizon's software.

Your music files go in the My_Music subdirectory on the microSD card.

Just ensure that you have...

1. Saved files with fewer than 32 characters to the left of .mp3
    2. Properly filled out all the ID3v1 or ID3v2 tag information for Artist, Album, Songtitle, Genre etc.
    3. NO Copy protected files!
    4. Only .mp3 or .wma files.

The phone gets its songtitle and other information from the ID3V1/2 tags, NOT from the filenames.

If you are already manually loading the files onto your microSD card and experiencing these problems, it may be a warning sign of a defective card. You can try reformatting the card in the phone.

If you have lots of filenames you need to shorten and the Verizon software isn't working to do that, then try Lupus Rename...it's free.

Download Lupus Rename

Maybe someday Verizon will have software that works well. I can't say the current version is satisfactory, although I have been able to use it. One of the advantages is that it will cut down your filenames if they are too long. Right-click on the icon in your system tray to set that, and other, preferences. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  6. Shado

Shado New Member

Did I say I have a Mac? Lol..

7. reader

reader Guest

:ah:

Well, BitPim is working for the Mac again! All of the rest of it is pointless.

Do you know any biz types or nerds who have a Billy-box you could borrow? :confused:

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?