1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Get the XV6700 now or wait for the 6800?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by waple, Jun 5, 2007.

1. waple

waple New Member

My current phone stinks. I use a phoneless PDA now and really want a PDA phone. I've been waiting for the XV6800 for several months now, but have no idea if/when it'll actually be out.

I can get the 6700 for $300 now, or I can wait and see if the price drops before the 6800 comes out and get the 6700 then, or I can wait even longer and get the 6800 (but I'm sure the price will be much higher).

Will the 6800 be so much better that it's worth waiting and probabaly paying $100-200 more (and is it reasonable to assume that's how much it would cost)? Or is the 6700 good enough that I should get it now (or wait to see if the price drops)?

I'm not that tech-savvy and don't need the greatest thing out there. I use my current PDA for sometimes checking email, making appointments in Outlook, running my diet manager software, playing music, looking at photos and as a GPS navigator using CoPilot software and my bluetooth GPS. That's really about it.

If the 6800 will cost $500, it's probably worth me buying the 6700 at a cheaper price, but I have no idea if the price will drop and when.

Any thoughts?

› See More: Get the XV6700 now or wait for the 6800?
  2. waple

waple New Member

Actually, I just saw some info on the i760, so I guess I should just wait til they're both out and decide then.

3. hardeez1

hardeez1 New Member

I would definitely get the LG VX8700.. I got it & I love it!!!

4. waple

waple New Member

That's not a PDA phone though, which is what I want.

5. cmckean

cmckean New Member

I'm planning to wait for the Samsung i760. I like the looks of it better than the 6800. More like a PDA than a phone. It's up to you. Do you want a phone that does PDA or a PDA that does phone?@)

Here is an interesting thread (Samsung i760 - Release/Rumor Thread - PDAPhoneHome.com)

6. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

waple, did you decide on anything?

The 6800 is coming soon (within the next month, I bet)

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?