1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Good apps for Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Nokia' started by Keanu, May 26, 2015.

1. Keanu

Keanu New Member

My girlfriend has bought a Lumia 530 and she is quite excited about it. She has been asking me about installing some good apps on her phone. Honestly, I know nothing about Windows phones and don't have a clue as to which apps are good.

Can any of you suggest some good apps for the Lumia 530?

› See More: Good apps for Windows 8.1
  2. Phoneman

Phoneman Member

There are plenty of good apps for Windows 8.1 that your girlfriend will be very happy with. News Republic is a news aggregator and a very good one at that. It will give you all the latest news with a mere click. Another good one is Redditting which will allow your girlfriend to browse Reddit very easily. Since Skype is owned by Microsoft it is a must have on any Windows phone and it works really well on Lumias. .

3. Garfield

Garfield New Member

I like the games that can be played on Lumia phones. There are many games that are available only on Windows 8.1 phones.

The Windowsphone marketplace is full of free and paid apps and you can browse through them on your computer. You can sort them and see which are the most popular apps and I am sure that you will be able to find a few that your girlfriend will like.

4. Darth

Darth New Member

I like the Windows interface and it is really very smooth. It is excellent for playing games like Subway Surfer and Dead Trigger. I believe that you get exclusive games that are meant for Windows phones only. There are some good apps as well that you will find on their store, called Windowsphone dot com.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?