1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

having trouble with emailing mp3's to phone

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by MGritts22, Dec 26, 2005.

1. MGritts22

MGritts22 New Member

Hi. I have a LG VX3300. I took all reqired steps in the thread posted here:
    http://cellphoneforums.net/t143496.html
    And I get a text message saying:
    You've got a PIX or FLIX message! To see it, visit www.vzwpix.com from an internet accessible computer & follow the directions Dec 26, 5:18 pm

I hit Options, and then go to Save Object, and I then get a message saying:
    Cannot save preloaded or invalid object.

What's going on, can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

› See More: having trouble with emailing mp3's to phone
  2. jeaniesing

jeaniesing New Member

Unfortunately, that post is from August 2004.... Verizon has changed their system to disallow MP3's entirely since then. There are workarounds using data cables or on-board media cards for many models, but you won;t be able to email yourself a ringtone from anywhere... sorry.... From what I've read on the boards the other big companies are kinda leaning the same way.... covering their butts!

3. Brad729

Brad729 New Member

this may or may not be helpful to you, but on a few models of Sprint LG phones, you can erase the .mp3 from the end of the ringtone's filename and replace it with .qcp or .mid and it will trick the phone into playing it, thinking its an approved filetype. its worth a try anyhow... let me know if it works for you! :)

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?