1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Haywire LG vx7000

Discussion in 'LG' started by Kitashla, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Kitashla

Kitashla New Member

My beautiful LG vx8100 was stolen two weeks ago. Only had it for a month too.:(

My husband talked me out of getting the insurance so I've been phoneless for awhile. As we don't have a home phone, this hasn't been very good.

Someone gave me their screwy vx7000. (We simply do not have the money right now to get me a new phone or even a cheap phone as Verizon wants us to pay full price for any phones they have.) It's a nice phone and all, but it doesn't actually work.

It turns itself on and off spontaneously. It will do it repeatedly. Also, it is almost always searching for service. It won't be able to find service while my husband's LG vx5200 has plenty of signal. On the rare occasion it finds signal, it tells me it's roaming. (Which doesn't actually matter, though I just found it odd.) If it can't find signal, usually it will stay on for awhile. However, if it does find signal it will hold that signal for all of 10 minutes before it turns itself off and then back on again, without signal.

A few of the random times it's had signal for a significant amount of time it won't call out. I've only made one successful call on this phone.

I went to my non-usual Verizon store and got blown off by the guy behind the counter. He kind of mumbled something about tech and walked away.

My question is this something that can be fixed? I don't mind paying a little bit to get it fixed if it means I'm not laying down $90 for a new phone in the first place. But I'm going to have to do something as it's about as useful as a very pretty paper weight right now.

› See More: Haywire LG vx7000
  2. abw1987

abw1987 New Member

I'd call LG's support at 1-800-793-8896 and see if they can help you. I doubt it'll be free, but cheaper than a new phone I suppose.

I can't post a link because I don't have enough posts yet, but for more information check out LG's web site. LG Electronics USA, click support at the top, and then go to mobile phone repair on the right.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2006
  3. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

The phone didn't by chance get wet did it? Kind of sounds that way to me. If so, there isn't much anybody is going to be able to do for you.

Try the link that abw posted above(I activated the link for him/her) or call the number that is posted and see....it certainly can't hurt.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?