1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

HD Voice? Anyone gotten it to work on a GS5?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by GracieAllen, Nov 19, 2016.

1. GracieAllen

GracieAllen New Member

I did a search and nothing came up on HD Voice. I figure that means I'm searching wrong...

Got a message from Verizon that HD Voice was available. Went to settings and Advanced Calling and it SAYS "Activate Advanced Calling"... Hit it. And a page comes up with a button that says "Activate". PRESSED IT.
    Another page that says "Advanced Calling 1.0 ALREADY EXISTS. Turn off the phone and back on...
    DID IT.
    Phone comes up. Go through the same thing AGAIN... Tells me to shut the phone off and back on... After 3 times I decided this was another joke from Verizon... Went looking for how to actually get this turned on and found this at Verizon:

If you have an older device like Samsung Galaxy S® 5 or Motorola Droid Ultra / Maxx / Mini, follow these steps to turn HD Voice on or off:
    Go to Settings.
    Tap More Networks or Tethering & Networks.
    Tap Mobile Networks.
    Tap the VoLTE Call setting to turn it to On or Off.

Did THAT... In More Networks there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that says "VoLTE" of ANY KIND.....
    Tried tethering - AGAIN, I can say with a GREAT DEAL OF CERTAINTY THERE'S NOTHING ON THAT PAGE THAT LOOKS ANYTHING LIKE "VoLTE"......

Is Verizon just screwing with us again? Or is there some super-secret double-nought spy thing I have to know to do whatever has to be done to turn this on?

› See More: HD Voice? Anyone gotten it to work on a GS5?
  2. GracieAllen

GracieAllen New Member

Nothing?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?