1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

HELP!!! How do I factory reset to clear All of my private data on my LG vx8300

Discussion in 'LG' started by imemerald, Sep 14, 2008.

1. imemerald

imemerald New Member

I recently purchased a new phone and am replacing my LG vx8300, but want to erase all of my contacts, etc. Does anyone know how to factory reset the phone to erase all of the private data on it. I have searched the internet and the manual, nothing has turned up on this. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

› See More: HELP!!! How do I factory reset to clear All of my private data on my LG vx8300
  2. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

I don't have that phone, but it is normally under the Security settings.
  3. imemerald

imemerald New Member

I checked there, but all it has is
    lock code
    edit code
    reset default (which doesn't do it, just resets the preferences on the phone)

I swear, this phone is driving me insane! :flamemad:

But thank you for the thought! :)
  4. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

It might be somewhere on Verizon's Trouble-Shooting site:
    LG VX8300

You can also just email or call them.
  5. imemerald

imemerald New Member

I tried your suggestion, step by step, even the messgage at the end of it, but I still have all my contacts on my phone. I even found an area in there that had clear data memory, which did nothing for my problems.

LG suggested I bring the phone to a VZ store and have them flash the phone back to it's original software. Is anyone familiar on if it's possible just to do that myself? Not that it's a big deal, but I've heard of having your phone flashed before, but I'm just wondering what that all entails. Thanks
  6. yes!

yes! New Member

well most Verizon (NYSE: VZ) lg's u can delete the contacts in the security (password is the last for of your number or whatever u changed it to) ...... recent calls go in to menu: recent call list -options- delete all. Pictures u probably have to do individually, and u can reset the phone to its original settings in Security choose "reset to default". good luck.
  7. zebro

zebro New Member

I've resetting my phone to factory setting, only some contacts in m phone was deleted others remains. Whats the best way to clear all the contacts with one key stroke?
  8. stargirl

stargirl New Member

I`ve got that same problem and dont know what to do some one Help us guide us to the reset button
    POLARIS/6.01 (BREW 3.1.5; U; en-us; LG; LX265; POLARIS/6.01/WAP) MMP/2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1

I`ve got that same problem and dont know what to do some one Help us guide us to the reset button
    POLARIS/6.01 (BREW 3.1.5; U; en-us; LG; LX265; POLARIS/6.01/WAP) MMP/2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1

Man i swear i am just going to smash it into little pieces {:<
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  9. goirish88

goirish88 New Member

Re: HELP!!! How do I factory reset to clear All of my private data on my LG VX-8300

If you go into your contact list then options you will see erase all (you might have to scroll down to see it), that will clear all your contacts
  10. telecombeacon

telecombeacon New Member

11. blahblahbllah

blahblahbllah New Member

Re: HELP!!! How do I factory reset to clear All of my private data on my LG VX-8300

some button combination. don't know it though.
  12. carl69jr

carl69jr New Member

look why u cant just erase them one at a time ? here u go pal NO CABELS OR SOFTWARE NEEDED" I CAN ASSURE U THIS WILL WIPE THEM CONTACTS OFF FOR U "PERSONALLY I THINK U ARE TRYING TO PROVE A POINT THAT IT CAN BE DONE BUT NOT HOW ALL THESE GUYS THINK SO HERE IS YOUR HIDDEN MENU IN PROGRAMMING MODE SHORT AND EASY "MENU,0 000000 ,6,0 CHOOSE OPTION "RESET efs Area" that my friend will knock them contacts out .. now if some one can tell me how to program his esn back on that phone i will tell u how to manual flash lg8300 wit out any software or program cables opps i just did bye bye esn,mdn,prl,ip,min,sid,ect , ect

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?