1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed: Phone won't start up.

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by brand7Ox7new, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brand7Ox7new

brand7Ox7new New Member

I went to check my phone (cheap Samsung A650) a few hours ago and noticed that it had shut off. I went to turn it on and the welcome screen came up for a few seconds, and then the phone restarts and the welcome screen comes back up. It cycles like that repeatedly unless I take the battery out. The phone won't turn off unless you take the battery out.

I am hesitant about going to verizon because (1) When they sold me the phone the liquid indicator on my handset underneath the battery was red, indicating that supposedly it had gotten wet and vzw doesn't replace phones that get wet and (2) in early april I went to them because my phone's lcd stopped working. I found out to my dismay that not only would they not replace my phone they also voided the warranty on the phone because I changed my faceplate (I had no knowledge of this policy and I believe VZW is the only carrier that does this..) Needless to say I had to fork over 100 bucks (because, silly me i cut off the upc and mailed it in so I could get the rebate) and I sent my phone to Samsung to be replaced.

Before I go to verizon I have a few questions because I don't want to be arguing with their snooty CSR's (at least the ones who work at the Verizon store near me are snooty..) but anyway onto my questions (1) Would verizon have on-record that I changed my faceplate? and (2) since it was replaced by Samsung and I show proof could I use that to nullify the voided warranty claim if they happen to bring that up? Also if they do replace my phone would they replace it for one of equal or lesser value? I've had nothing but problems with samsung a650's (this was my second one) and all of my friends who have these phones have had nothing but problems with them as well (both phones I've had would freeze up randomly, sometimes refuse to connect calls even in areas where a full signal is present, and would mysteriously drop calls even in areas of full coverage as well).

If anyone could please help it would be greatly appreciated.
    -Jason

› See More: Help needed: Phone won't start up.
  2. brand7Ox7new

brand7Ox7new New Member

Well Verizon replaced it no problem and didn't even mention that my warranty had already been voided.. :D

Mods, please close this thread. :)

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.