1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Help with .mp3 Ringtones on the Alias 2 SCH-U750

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Morgoth314, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Morgoth314

Morgoth314 New Member

I recently got a new Alias 2 on Verizon and I've been trying to find a way to make .mp3 ringtones to put on it. I've tried every single thing I could find online but no matter what happens, my ringtones either dont show up at all or get converted to .qcp. Things I've tried include:

- Using an online service to cut an .mp3 and send it (number@vzwpix.com) to the phone in a text message = ringtone turned up as .qcp
    - Using Cool Edit Pro to cut an .mp3 into a .wav then emailing/texting it to myself = ringtone arrives as .qcp but the filesize was 33kb instead of 308kb and the quality was horrid
    - Using Cool Edit Pro to cut an .mp3 into a .wav then converting it back to .mp3 using dBpoweramp, then emailing/texting it to myself = ringtone arrives as .qcp with 1/10th the file size
    - Renaming a cut .mp3 to .qcp then emailing/texting it to myself = ringtone arrives as .qcp but the filesize was 33kb instead of 308kb and the quality was horrid . Renaming it to .mid resulted in no file in the text message (though i only tried this once and its possible that I messed it up)
    - I also have a 2GB microSD and an 8GB microSD that i've used to try and transfer the .mp3 (and .wav/.qcp/.mid) files directly. While they work to transfer whole .mp3s through the my_music folder on the card (which stay .mp3 and sound -great- but cant be used for ringtones), I havn't been able to get -anything- to show up in the my_sounds or my_ringtones folder (the memory spec on the phone shows that there is -something- in there but when I try to look at it, it says that the folder is empty...)

A far as files themselves are concerned, I've been using 10 second, 15 second and 20 second .mp3 (Stereo - though I tried mono as well, 128kbps, 44.1Khz, 16bit) ringtones that are 175KB-400KB.

Is anyone else having these problems? Whats the deal? I've poured like 4 hours into this trying to figure it out and I'm at my wits end -- in fact, I would buy the damn things from Verizon if they offered the songs I want but they dont. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

› See More: Help with .mp3 Ringtones on the Alias 2 SCH-U750

2. Chubala69

Chubala69 New Member

Mp3's might not work, try using Midi files
  3. Isaac Riley

Isaac Riley New Member

So MP3s might not work?
    Is there a specific reason why only MIDI sequences seem to work?
  4. fdr

fdr New Member

Try sending your mp3 ringtones to your self using a pic message. You can attach files/sounds to pic's. Then simply save the sound to ringtones.
  5. Psykke

Psykke New Member

thanks i was in the same issue
  6. timmy56

timmy56 New Member

MP3S DO WORK.

1. YOU DO NOT NEED QCP FILES! THEY SOUND HORRIBLE! Trust me on that one. Your Alias2 CAN AND IS ABLE TO USE HIGH QUALITY MP3 files as ringtones, it's a fact, I've done it, it's just not a smart phone so the ONLY way to give it mp3 ringtones is to:

2. Log onto your "Computer's Email" not your phone. For example your hotmail or yahoo, etc. (example: hotmail. com) don't put a space before com

3. Attach the mp3 file (it doesn't have to be small, u don't need to edit it in anyway), you don't need a subject, you don't need a message.

4. Send it to your "Phone's Email". For example if you have Verizon like me, it would be YourCellPhoneNumber @ vzwpix.com (example: 1234567890 @ vzwpix.com) Don't put spaces next to the @ symbol, I just did it because this site doesn't allow it unless blahblahblah.

5. Now wait...in a couple of seconds your phone will receive a multimedia msg. Open the message then go to Options and choose the 4th choice which is "Save As Ringtone".

6. GRATS!!! You successfully added a high quality MP3 ringtone to your not so smart Alias 2 phone! *CHEERS* Enjoy!
  7. eded

eded New Member

Works like a charm! Thanks Timmy!
  8. parrishb22

parrishb22 New Member

Thanks for the info.... I'm in the same situation

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?