1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How do i get that annoying verizon wireless sing outta there

Discussion in 'LG' started by DuleerEnwia, Sep 8, 2004.

1. DuleerEnwia

DuleerEnwia New Member

I have a lg vx6000 and in big bold letters it says verizon wireless. Ne way i can get rid of that? Thanks in advance

› See More: How do i get that annoying verizon wireless sing outta there
  2. CellBoy

CellBoy New Member

Yeah you can get rid of it... you should probably go to howardforums.com and find a real walkthrough to do it... but i can give you a brief run down of how it goes....(this is assuming you have a data cable and BitPim for the vx6000)

browse your filesystem with BitPim, and find your eri.bin file.. I believe it's under the eri section.

save it twice -- once to edit, and one as a backup in case your phone freaks out or something.

open up eri.bin in notepad, and you should notice a part that says "Verizon WirelessA Verizon WirelessB" or SOMETHING to that effect, i don't even remember exactly what it says.

Delete the verizon wireless between A and B, and the Verizon wireless before the A... but you must replace them with 16 spaces

save the edited eri.bin as eri.bin, and then go back to bitpim, select eri.bin (right click it) and hit overwrite... then select the edited eri.bin, from wherever you saved it.

turn your phone on and off, and voila.

3. loud

loud New Member

i did exactly what u said to do now im roaming all the time?

4. loud

loud New Member

my phone is now in extendedn network? because of what i did and i had saved a backup incase, and now it wont even go back to normal help meplease

5. monk

monk New Member

VW

If you edit eri.bin file with a Win HEX editor and resave the file to your phone. Turn the phone off/on and you’re done! the trickiest thing you have to do. Locate the words “Verizon WirelessA” and “Verizon WirelessB”. Place your cursor on the “V” and press the space bar until the second “s” in wireless is replaced. NOTE: Do NOT replace the “A” and “B” with spaces! Only the words “Verizon Wireless” are to be overwritten!otherwise...... Basically Cellboy post does,t give full detail info. how to do it.

6. CellBoy

CellBoy New Member

I dont' know hwy you roam all the time... that happened to my friend too... I didn't ever have to go throught this though I have u.s. cellular, and they were nice enough not to put a big annoying sign on my screen. To stop "roaming" all the time -- if im not mistaken you aren't really roaming, its more of a blinking triangle than a solid triangle --- just overwrite the eri.bin file with the backup you have, and the phone should return to normal, including the verizon wireless sign.

yeah, my first post isn't very detailed but I don't care. There are 30 posts out there answering this question and if details are needed details can be found...

Also maybe the reason you constantly "roam" is because you didn't use winhex... I didn't use winhex when i did it to my friends phone, and maybe that's el problemo.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?