1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

how do i manually program a lg envy

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by dudechewy, May 7, 2007.

1. dudechewy

dudechewy New Member

ok i just got my envy and i had the esn changed verizon told me its in the system and that i need to program the phone manually....i already googled it but cant seem to find the instructions.....any help will be awesome...thanx in advance.:)

› See More: how do i manually program a lg envy
  2. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Verizon told you to do this????

That doesn't sound right to me.

Unless you have a way to flash a phone, I highly doubt what your saying you can do.

1 person likes this.
  3. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Bingo.

This is most commonly called "activating", not programming. Though the voice you hear when you run the activation will say, "Please wait while your phone is being programmed" and "Welcome to Verizon Over The Air Programming".

4. rendema

rendema New Member

Re: how do i manually program a lg env

IF they are telling you that the phone needs to be manually programmed .. it would be because you are in an extended network so normal programming wont work
    with the phone open press the sym key to make the pound symbol.
    start with entering this into your phone (sym) # (sym) # if you have ## on your screen then type out program and 9100 you should have ##77647269100 showing on your screen.
    for the service code enter in 6 zeros - 000000 then press 1 for service, then pless ok esn screen press ok, phone number MDN check to make sure its yours press ok, MIN this phone number listed here should be yours unless you switched to verizon from another network then this number will be different. press ok, nam1 1 SID, press ok nam1, press ok then it will say name 1 completed. when you hit ok your phone will power cycle.
    you all set! once you are in an area for Verizon Wireless towers you will need to press *228 send and program over the air just to get any needed updates for your phone. Have fun.
    :)

1 person likes this.
  5. rwgfx

rwgfx New Member

Which model of enV?

6. shinedown87

shinedown87 New Member

Thank you for this tutorial. I was told by a Verizon CS rep that if I did a manual programming, that basically the only thing I would be able to do is make calls and send SMS (I won't be able to send MMS or do anything else that requires data) until I get out of the extended network area and am able to dial *228.

Does this seem right to you? I live in an extended network, I have a new (used) phone that I want to manually program but don't want to lose the ability to send pics.

Thanks!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?