1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I stop calls being forwarded TO my phone?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by D.T., Oct 15, 2009.

1. D.T.

D.T. New Member

Someone has randomly decided to forward their phone to my cell. From the "wrong numbers" I have been getting, it seems the person is avoiding creditors. Anyway, I have also learned the number that is being called. When I call that number, my phone rings! I cannot find out who the carrier is for the number being forwarded because of "privacy laws". Is there a way to block or disable calls from being forwarded TO me? This is driving me nuts. I don't want to change my number. I have env3 with verizon service. Thanks.

› See More: How do I stop calls being forwarded TO my phone?
  2. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

you can call Verizon up and tell them your situation, and they can check into stopping or blocking the number and/or calls from your phone.

3. D.T.

D.T. New Member

Unfortunately, there is nothing Verizon can do. The calls are coming directly TO MY phone. There is no way to block the calls because they do not come from the same number. They "pass through" the actual number being called and ring on my phone., I have determined a few of the "forwarded" numbers and called those numbers myself. When I do, MY phone rings! I have tried to track down the owner of those numbers, but due to privacy reasons, I cannot get that information. Ha! What about my privacy? Anyway, if you have any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

4. ieatcalcium

ieatcalcium New Member

I'm having this same problem. Except I know who the person is that's having their calls forward. They didn't set it up, and neither did I. They're also on verison, but they don't have a smartphone. Every time anyone calls her, it gets forwarded to my phone. If I reject it or don't answer, it gets forwarded to my Google Voice number... I'm on T-Mobile. I think it's a problem with verison. It seems to be the only thing staying constant here unless you have Google Voice also. And Verison isn't really helping sort this out. Their customer suppor from what I've heard isn't all that good, so I'm kinda crossing my fingers here. Getting calls from my friend's friends is a little weird. And what sucks worse is that I have to tell her everytime someone calls, because she doesn't get notified.

5. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

It might be difficult to find the right person by calling customer service, but when you do, they should be able to handle it appropriately. You can try other methods of support by going to a store (maybe they have the ability to do something) or by contacting them online, if they have a contact form on their website, an email address for support, or if they provide support on Facebook. You might find that to be better support. Sometimes it is easier to explain everything on the computer than on the phone.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?