1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I swap cell phones with somebody?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by raidencmc, Aug 15, 2009.

1. raidencmc

raidencmc New Member

My wife and I share a plan together. Because I am the primary line on the account I could get a new phone at the discounted rate by signing on for 2 more years. She could not do that until January. I decided to get her a new phone but ordered it as if it was for myself. When it arrived I went online to activate it and instead of entering my number I entered hers. It did not work. It only worked for my phone. I don't really like the phone and would still like to swap with her. Is there a way to do this? Can I just dial the *228 on both phones and do it or is there something else I need to do. Neither of the phones have sim cards if that matters.

› See More: How do I swap cell phones with somebody?
  2. cybiko123

cybiko123 Active Member

Go to My Verizon and put your old phone back onto your own line. Now, you will be able to put the new phone onto your wife's line.

3. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

You can just take both phones to any Verizon Store and tell them what you want to do. They will do a ESN swap right then and there at no charge to you.

I do this all the time with my five lines. I have them spread out enough, so any new phones that come along I use whatever phone is up for renewal.

1 person likes this.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?