1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

how do I upload pictures from my phone

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by maverick2402, Jun 12, 2009.

1. maverick2402

maverick2402 New Member

I have a voyager 1000 from Verizon and was wondering how do I upload pics from my phone onto my computer

› See More: how do I upload pictures from my phone
  2. WiredNot

WiredNot New Member

Hi maverick2402,

If you installed a microSD memory card into your phone and configured it so that photos are stored on it, then it is easy to get photos from your phone to your PC. You can use the USB cable that came with your phone, connect it to your computer and copy them. You'll have to install the Voyager's USB driver on your PC first (it's on the V Cast / Rhapsody CD that came with your phone).

However, if you do not have an external memory card and/or you're storing the photos on your phone's main memory, then there is no easy way to get the photos to your PC. If your photos are small (the size you can send in a pix message) then you could text them to an email address and get them into your PC that way. But if the photos are large (like the 1600 x 1200 pixel 2 MB photos that your Voyager is capable of taking) then there is no way to get them out unless you hack your phone and this is not recommended.

Best regards, WiredNot
    1 person likes this.
  3. maverick2402

maverick2402 New Member

Yes,I have the memroy card installed and then I installed the driver from the cd,and when I hook the phone up ,it say something like"communitcating with PC do not unhook".And when I leave it sit for a while,just the folder label " ' something' pix " and when I click on it theres nothing there.Should I try to laod the CD again
  4. WiredNot

WiredNot New Member

Hi maverick2402,

If you can see the "my-pix" folder, then you shouldn't need to reload the driver. The problem could be that you've never told your Voyager to save photos to the external memory card. If you never have, then the photos will be stored in the phone's main memory where you can't get to them from your PC.

To configure your Voyager to store future photos to the memory card do the following:

1 - Run the "Settings & Tools" program.
    2 - Select "10. Memory".
    3 - Select "1. Save Options".
    4 - Select "1. Pictures" and set the save option to "Card Memory".

You can also repeat the above steps for the video and sound options.

To move a photo from your phone's internal memory to the external memory card do the following (using the internal qwerty keyboard):

1 - Run the "Media Center".
    2 - Select "2. Picture & Video".
    3 - Select "4. My Pictures".
    4 - Select "Options" (right soft key).
    5 - Select "5. Manage My Pics".
    6 - Use the navigation arrows and the "OK" button to select photo(s).
    7 - Select "Options" again (right soft key).
    8 - Select "2. Move".
    9 - Select "1. To Card".

Best regards, WiredNot
  5. maverick2402

maverick2402 New Member

I've figured out part of the problem...Its not storing the pics to mte SD card that I put in the phone.When I go the settin that lets me check the memory on the card it says " "no content saved" ...and also I've noticed that when I'm telling to send th epics to my card,say I have 30 pics,as its going throught e pics I tell it to save,it will come up saying 1/30 cant me renamed over and over again...
  6. shucksnugget

shucksnugget New Member

Actually you can get your pictures via web with out an SD card or USB cable.

Go to vzwireless.com and log in (or create an account if you haven't already)
    Create a Pix Place account through their website.

Select pictures in your phone that you want
    Select SEND, To Online Album
    Once they are in your Online Album you can save them to your computer!

You can store a ton of pics and it's a good way to back up pics.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?