1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

How do you clear an ESN?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by Rianski, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Rianski

Rianski New Member

I would like to sell my phone, but I'm not sure how to clear my ESN # without activating another phone in it's place.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

› See More: How do you clear an ESN?

2. Tony E!

Tony E! \/\/ireless/\dvisor

If you just want to sell your phone you can do so, once you have a new handset to activate under your account just give your carrier a call and they will update your account to reflect the new ESN number.
  3. meyermj417

meyermj417 New Member

its simple if you are leaving verizon to go to another company the esn will be clear once you leave if just getting a new phone once you activate the new phone the old one is ready to be sold just do a system reset so it erases all your contacts and pics
  4. RebelM59

RebelM59 New Member

I believe what the OP was asking is how to clear this. I have a similar issue. I want to take a phone that is active and put it onto another service plan (personal reasons). I did not steal the phone, and I bought it. But I am wondering if taking an active phone and trying to active it under a new plan with a new number will be an issue.
  5. iden364

iden364 New Member

Its easy, but tricky and risky. Its called unlocking CDMA, There are very few dealers who do this, why is that? because it not only unlocks the phone..it gives an option to change ESN#, and by doing this..It removes it from the negative file,and you can easily have a different number attached to this "new esn" also making this "new esn" clear. Illegal? dont know.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?