1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How is the internet browser on enV Touch, and enV3?

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by jdeg, Aug 19, 2009.

1. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Is the browser on the enV Touch and enV3 an improvement over the browser on the voyager and enV2? Can it play flash videos?

› See More: How is the internet browser on enV Touch, and enV3?
  2. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

Not really. The Obigo browser still overloads and resets the phone easily. The browser can play Flash, but it is limited. While trying to load larger Flash Sites/Flash Embedded Content; the browser will crash. Playing Flash Videos doesn't work well either, if at all. You can still only bookmark 23 sites; 6 of those sites come pre-installed and can not be deleted. Rendering is still limited, but better then the Voyager. Where the Voyager's browser would crash almost immediately; the EnV Touch's can actually load larger HTML sites. And you have to Zoom-In to view sites with the text at a size that can be readable, but that means other sites load in a giant screen and you have to Re-Size the site.
    Sites like Youtube load the videos in 3 screen sizes, and the smallest makes videos tiny; while the other 2 sizes make the videos look like garbage. Other videos sites don't work at all.

So yeah, the browser is a little bit better, but not all that much different. I thought LG was dropping Obigo, but I guess they just chose to use their browser again.

Oh, and still no streaming MP3 feeds. www.moodio.fm works on so many other phones, from other carriers, but not with LG and Verizon.

Just ask me what to test on the EnV Touch and I will test it and post it here.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
    1 person likes this.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?